Milk and cookies blog

AllisonW

I found this great food blog online: http://ilovemilkandcookies.blogspot.com/se...bel/Australiana

Check it out. It is by a Australian who lives in Sydney! I loved her list of fav Australian foods. The best was her description of eating Tim Tams, which you can get in SA and which totally rock: Yes, i am a choc addict!

Read it and tell me if you dont want to try this at home!

"Arnott’s Tim Tams

Now this next statement might be debatable, but I am under the strong impression that Australians are unanimous in their love for Tim Tams. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don’t think I have ever met an Aussie that didn’t love a Tim Tam. This chocolate coated, cream filled biscuit has changed the face of Australian snacking the day it hit the shelves in 1964 and has captured our affections ever since. Our devotion to the Tim Tam is relentless as it is the best-selling biscuit in the country. I think it is because they are the ultimate comfort snack and oh so terribly addictive. Once you open a pack, the voraciousness at which the Tim Tams can be devoured is astounding.

For those of you overseas lucky enough to get hold of such valuable booty, the best way to sample this fine treat is to do what is called a Tim Tam Slam. You do this by taking a hot cup of something, be it coffee, Milo or hot chocolate and a Tim Tam biscuit, then bite off the two ends. Once you have done this, plunge one end into the hot drink and then, as if the Tim Tam were a straw, proceed to suck the hot drink through the biscuit. And then, before the Tim Tam dissolves into a mush, quickly shove the whole biscuit in your mouth. Trust us; this very practice of “slamming†is pure bliss. " From Milk and Cookies Blog.

Allison

I found this great food blog online: http://ilovemilkandcookies.blogspot.com/se...bel/Australiana

Check it out. It is by a Australian who lives in Sydney! I loved her list of fav Australian foods. The best was her description of eating Tim Tams, which you can get in SA and which totally rock: Yes, i am a choc addict!

Read it and tell me if you dont want to try this at home!

"Arnott’s Tim Tams

Now this next statement might be debatable, but I am under the strong impression that Australians are unanimous in their love for Tim Tams. Correct me if i'm wrong, but I don’t think I have ever met an Aussie that didn’t love a Tim Tam. This chocolate coated, cream filled biscuit has changed the face of Australian snacking the day it hit the shelves in 1964 and has captured our affections ever since. Our devotion to the Tim Tam is relentless as it is the best-selling biscuit in the country. I think it is because they are the ultimate comfort snack and oh so terribly addictive. Once you open a pack, the voraciousness at which the Tim Tams can be devoured is astounding.

For those of you overseas lucky enough to get hold of such valuable booty, the best way to sample this fine treat is to do what is called a Tim Tam Slam. You do this by taking a hot cup of something, be it coffee, Milo or hot chocolate and a Tim Tam biscuit, then bite off the two ends. Once you have done this, plunge one end into the hot drink and then, as if the Tim Tam were a straw, proceed to suck the hot drink through the biscuit. And then, before the Tim Tam dissolves into a mush, quickly shove the whole biscuit in your mouth. Trust us; this very practice of “slamming†is pure bliss. " From Milk and Cookies Blog.

Allison

I've done this

"Arnott’s Tim Tams

Allison

How on earth am I going to keep my children from finding out about this slamming thing? I already see that jucky mess in my mind' eye, especially the two year-old...

How on earth am I going to keep my children from finding out about this slamming thing? I already see that jucky mess in my mind' eye, especially the two year-old...

The question, BB, is how am i going to stop MYSELF from doing it now that i have heard about it. When they first came out at Pick and Pay i bought a pack and hubby and i agreed that they were the best thing ever. However at between R35 and R40 a pack they can be a bit pricey. However, after hearing about this i will need to go and invest in a pack!

Happy slamming !

Allison

The question, BB, is how am i going to stop MYSELF from doing it now that i have heard about it. When they first came out at Pick and Pay i bought a pack and hubby and i agreed that they were the best thing ever. However at between R35 and R40 a pack they can be a bit pricey. However, after hearing about this i will need to go and invest in a pack!

Happy slamming !

Allison

We pay$3-00 :lol:

We pay$3-00 :lol:

At last something that is cheaper in Oz - and it is chocolate to!

Al

yay!

These are my best! I've done what she described too... messy but DIVINE doll! :blush:

Leigh

Happy slamming !

Allison

They've got them at Pick&Pay????

See ya...

Hi GerhardinOz

And when they are on special they go for $2 a pack, imagine!