Question on Dual citizenship

ExASP

I know this might have been discussed before, but I dont know where to look...I want to know what the implication is for us if we let our RSA citizenship lapse..we still have a house and our annuities there, and I actually only want to keep my RSA citizenship because someone once told me, that they cant accept Aus citizenship, because they still had investments and annuities in RSA.

We are coming up to the two year mark and want to apply for citizenship before the cutoff date that is proposed to change the PR time to 3 years in stead of two.

For those who dont know they are looking at Australia day next year to implement the new law.

I would appreciate any information on this please.

Hi ASP

Check this link out, it might answer your question. With regards to investments in SA your ownership will not be compromised if you renounce your SA citizenship!

Cheers,

C'Lou

Ta Lindy Lee. As queensland Girl says...sentimental reasons only...I just wanted to know what my implications will be if I dont have RSA citizenship and we have investments there...and will we be able to get our money out as we havent formally immigrated.

Although we dont owe anything to SARS...hehehe...suppose we have to formally immigrate now....