Organic Food in Aus

Riekie

Someone asked me about organic foods in Australia and more specific, in Adelaide. Well, I got the answer, but I can't remember who asked??!! <_< Anyway, here goes... Organic_Food_Adelaide_Australia.doc

Someone asked me about organic foods in Australia and more specific, in Adelaide. Well, I got the answer, but I can't remember who asked??!! :P Anyway, here goes... Organic_Food_Adelaide_Australia.doc

It was MEEEE.... :holy:

thanks a ton Riekie , i have already looked up the site

and it seems great.. :whome:

It seems to be quite popular. From my perspective you get 3 kinds of ppl in Aus (regarding eating habits) - the obese junk-food eater, the health conscious organic eater and then the likes of me: trying to balance life somewhere in-between and having serious doubts about all the additives in the food we buy.

My general health & weight seriously went down the drain since coming to Aus. I don't eat a lot of junk-food (maybe once every 2 weeks pizza or burgers...) but still I can feel I'm not where I'm supposed to be along with gaining a lot of weight. There's discussions in the media every now & then about the hormones they give chickens to grow faster etc which are influencing our general health & weight in the long run, so even if you try to be a "good girl" and eat right, you may still be consuming a lot of unhealthy hormones, additives, colorants and even residue of insecticide.... I for one am seriously considering going organic.... :P Obviously more ppl are going that route, 'cause you find organic food stores allover and organic products more readily available in supermarkets. If you want to go organic, you're sure to find what you need. :whome:

It was MEEEE.... :holy:

Hi Andie! Glad you saw this!! (Felt very guilty for not remembering...... :P )

In Sydney http://www.lettucedeliver.com.au/home.html or http://www.macrowholefoods.com.au/ are both very popular. You can usually buy a number of organic products at Woolworths and Coles in the health food section. You would usually find the gluten free and the organic and health food section in the same part of the supper market. I buy my organic chicken from Wollies. Have a llook at http://www.organicfoodmarkets.com.au/ofm.html for organic food markets in Sydney. The Chatswood and St Ives one is really good.

Edited by sonnetjie

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi Andie,

I came across a nice looking market the other day (didn't shop there, just went by), it's in Ryde, just off the M2, 10 minutes drive from the Hills District in Sydney. You needn't go on the Highway and can also go through Beecroft to get there, if you don't feel like paying the toll. They have organics and farmer's market there every Friday. You will find more information on the website www.organicfoodmarkets.com.au (as also mentioned by sonnetjie). They have a big promotional banner out, so I assume it is new in this specific location. If you are here and want me to take you for a closer inspection, just shout !!

Hope this helps.

SS

:)

Hi Andie,

I came across a nice looking market the other day (didn't shop there, just went by), it's in Ryde, just off the M2, 10 minutes drive from the Hills District in Sydney. You needn't go on the Highway and can also go through Beecroft to get there, if you don't feel like paying the toll. They have organics and farmer's market there every Friday. You will find more information on the website www.organicfoodmarkets.com.au (as also mentioned by sonnetjie). They have a big promotional banner out, so I assume it is new in this specific location. If you are here and want me to take you for a closer inspection, just shout !!

Hope this helps.

SS

:)

Thanks everyone for the replies & various

websites to look up.

Real super.. .. :)

Yip SS, I shall take you up on that!!! :huh:

A