E-Mail Replies

KathyW

Question

I have noticed that quite a few times, in fact most times when I have placed a topic on the forum I am not getting e-mail notifications on any replies to my topic.

I cannot remember when it was posted a while back and have now only by chance seen some replies to important questions on some topics.

My e-mail address is correct for the e-mail notifications.

Could somebody please help.

Thank you

Kathy

4 answers to this question

Hi Kathy,

Two things you can do to check. At the top right of any topic page is an Options drop-down where you can elect to be notified of changes via email (click on Track this topic, or even Email this topic to see if it works that way):

post-1-1212171656.gif

Then you can go check which topics (or even whole forums) you are Subscribed to and are being tracked from your control panel:

post-1-1212171660.gif

Do have a look at those, and if it's still a problem we can look into it further for you ...

The only way I managed to get it to work was to create a "gmail" address (google). Then I changed my forum email address to this. In google mail I set it to forward all emails to my normal address. Hope this makes sense.

Hi Hendie,

Tried to do all the suggestions only to find that my e-mail address on my settings were incorrect. Mara at one time helped me to fix it, and I am sure that we both had the correct address.

Now when I go into change e-mail address and confirm password, and type in the secret code, it keeps taking me back and telling me that I have the incorrect password.....................

I wonder if these things don't like the yahoo adresses, does anybody else know.

Thanks for your help.

Cheerio

Kathy

I had the same problem - my mails stopped coming in since beginning may- now after reading this thread I went and looked again and you know what - for some reason gmail thought it was spam - not surprised though - there are 53 mails in my spam box :whome: since the 8th of May - go figure.