QUESTIONS

Frenchie

Hi there

I am fairly new to the forum and would love if any of you could possible answer my questions so I can get some clarity on this!

Firstly I am a young married woman with two boys aged 3 and 6, desperately wanting to relocate to Australia. I have a sister that recently left on a 457 visa (profession nurse) and an Uncle who is an australian citizen for more than 15 years. My husband has just completed his trade test (electrician) and waiting for full results so we can send them to be assessed by the TRA. He has got 6 years in the electrical/mechanical field and is now employed as a Technician.

1) Would I be granted be able to go on a 457 visa if I am blacklisted?? Does bad credit history make them decline for a 457 visa?

2) What employers or agencies could we approach in his field to seek suitable employment?

3) How much exactly is it for a 457 visa?

4) My first son is not my husband biological child and he has my maiden surname, would i have problems including him in my application?

any advice and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Anxiously awaiting all replies

Thanx

Hi there Frenchie,

Welcome to our forum! I will attempt to answer some of your questions, as we came over on a 457 visa. There are many people out there that know more than I do, you guys, please feel free to add on, or correct me if I'm wrong.

1) I do not think this will have an effect on a 457 visa. We were not asked for police clearances, or any of this type of documentation. It might have an effect when you start applying for PR, but a 457 will give you the time to try and sort it out, or have it removed from your name.

2) There are several companies and agencies you could try. Look at SEEK, or try the mining industry, which I know is desperately searching for all types of tradesmen.

3) The employer will pay for your visa, as it is a sponsored visa. You will have to pay for the medicals initially, but our employer paid the money back to us when we landed in Aus. Also calculate the costs of getting your documents, such as application costs, photo's, courier charges etc.

4) You will have to get permission from the child's biological father to be able to take your son out of the country. If permission is not possible, you will need the legal documents to support that fact.

Hope this helps!

Greetings,

Dreamy

Dear Dreamy

Thanks alot for your reply. Its greatly appreciated. It just seems so much work and I guess the first thing is to get my hubby a job. So we have lots of work to do! I am so anxious and wish we had the visa already as its a long road ahead! How long did your visa take? And how did you find work? Over the internet?? Or an agency. And does your employer contact a migration agent to do the visa? Once again thank you and please wish me luck, I guess I will be dreaming for now!

Cheers

Frenchie

ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE TO GIVE SOME ADVICE WOULD ALSO BE GRATEFUL.

Hi Frenchie,

Welcome aboard! We all understand the admin schlepp involved in making it happen, but remember it will all be worth it in the end. Its now time for vasbyt and putting all your energy and resolve into getting this done.

I don't have specific advice in relation to your questions since I don't know too much about your visa type, but what I can advise is that you spend some time reading some of the other posts and relevant topics on the forum.

Most of the questions you asked have already come up with others and have in some way been answered somewhere else too. Also use the "search function" (top righthand side of the forum page) to search for specific words like "electrician", "trade test", "employment" etc.

Good luck with it all!

Chatterbug

Hi Frenchie,

It is a lot of hard work to make your dreams come true, but that makes it worth it in the end. If it were easy, a lot of us would have packed up and gone back at the first sign of adversity. Immigration is not an easy process, and that is the first thing you need to accept.

I spent three whole weeks, up to eight hours on some days on the internet to look for a job for my husband. You should have seen my phone bill, we were still on dial-up! I sent his CV to every company that I could find. Look up electrical contractors on the web, check their "contact us" page and look for an email address for the HR office. Send a shortened CV, here it is called a Resumé, and a short letter explaining why you want to make the move. Do not at any stage mention politics or crime, as most Aussies have no idea what we are up against. Just mention that there are little opportunities to further your career etc, etc. They know that there is little work available in SA. Also apply through agencies like Workpac.

The 457 visa is usually one of the fastest visas to get. From the day they receive all your correct documentation, including your medicals, it can take as little as one week! Employers usually have their own agents to help them with the visa application process. You only have to fill in the forms, and get all the right documents to them on time.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Edited by Dreamcatcher