A Good SARS Experience

Leonie

Today I had a wonderful experience at SARS. We live in Empangeni - so after an almost 2 hour drive to Durban, we walked into the SARS offices in Mt Edgecombe. I had been confused by the forms, and needed help.

We only had to wait about 10 minutes to see a tax consultant, only to discover I had left our Assets & Liabilities Declaration at home. I began to panic - I could not face the long trip home to fetch them. But this turned out not to be a problem as the very helpful tax consultant assisted in making one for me - and updating my husbands. She filled in our donations tax forms (to make the money transferred from my husband's account to mine legal), and printed out 3 copies of our Good standing tax clearance while we were chatting as a bonus.

I then asked how long we would have to wait to get our foreign investment clearances (I had heard it can take up to 3 weeks) - and she printed them there and then. We were out of there in less than an hour. What a pleasure.

I would thoroughly recommend any KZN persons needing there tax clearance for foreign investment to use this office.

:lol:;):ilikeit:

Wow Leonie,

that gives me great hope for when our turn comes,hopefully soon.