Aid for the Refugees: Challenge to all fortunate forumites

Guest May

My challenge to all those forumites who want to get rid of things, spare a thought for those innocent in this Xenophobic act of madness. The little ones and their mothers caught up in this ugliness and how your act of kindness can be of assistance to those who are actually manning the soup kitchens when we are cosy in our homes.

Remember as a South African in Australia you too are a foreigner.

Go through your cupboards, your children's toy boxes, the crayon sets, the linen cupboard, if you have not used it for yonks why not give it away to peolpe who have nothing.

Drop offs at the The Red Cross offices and your local ministeries. Remember they are only worldly possessions.

May

Edited by May

Hallo May,

I think thats exactly what we did, well most of us anyway. I even gave away a car! And lot of stuff to the homeless, the poor and the greedy as well. We did not come over with lots to spare, only what we need, the rest went to charities.

It doesn't stop, even when you get here....St. Vinnies and The Salvo's get their share, either you drop it off at their offices or they collect. Charity is huge here in OZ and the people give freely.

We don't care for worldly possessions much over here, nobody cares. We just LIVE!

Edited by Kannidood