When you're dead.

Guest Mauritz

Question

Guest Mauritz

Are you going back to Azania when you time is up here on Mother Earth?? See, I don't want to be buried - you know the coffin in the hole thing. The chances are to good that I'll be buried next to Aunty Betsy (Sorry not you Betsy) that moans all day - I'll never have peace of mind. On the other side a Biker - all the burnouts and things, and at my feet end a difficult Bob (sorry Bob). All these people that M&B and call their cats and budgies underground in the cemetery. No thanks - I want to be in a bottle - a little heap of ash.

For many years now, I wanted this little bottle to go back to Suidwes - not this new Nambambia place - the Kavango river in Suidwes. My friends promised me they'll squeeze a Miss Chardonnay or two and let the ashes go where this river goes. Lately I checked my burial site - seems that the river is dead now. Suddenly I don't feel like iAfrica anymore - stuff it - the Outback looks like the place now.

Guess I'm home. I don't want to be 'buried' in iAfrica - all the break-ins into my coffin - I'll have to make burglar bars and I don't feel like clutching a panic button in the afterlife. I want to walk the Aussie desert at night with Miss Chardonnay. There you have it iAfrica - you won't even get me back in a bottle.

A bit sad if you think about it.

13 answers to this question

[ :ilikeit: Its true some how you wonder where will i leave my remains. I felt the same the African soil - my birth land but lately i think just a little bit of ashes and then scatter me in the sea - I will eventually have a little bit of me everywhere. Family can't fight where my body should be because strictly speaking I'm here and there.

And on the way see all the continents i haven't seen yet :ilikeit:

Naaahh... you must be put to rest next to Mrs Chopsticks from the post office.

Either you will not get to heaven or hell as she will have lost you in the mail or hidden you somewhere else.

Also you can fight her without the police breathing down your neck. And use the chop sticks to keep her up all night, poking her in the eye.

My suggestion is that you consider ending up in a bottle on the shelve at woolies.....poofter section. :blink:

Naaahh... you must be put to rest next to Mrs Chopsticks from the post office.

Either you will not get to heaven or hell as she will have lost you in the mail or hidden you somewhere else.

Also you can fight her without the police breathing down your neck. And use the chop sticks to keep her up all night, poking her in the eye.

My suggestion is that you consider ending up in a bottle on the shelve at woolies.....poofter section. :blink:

SOAP ON A ROPE :whome:

Guest Mauritz

On a more serious note. Seems to me that 'death' falls in the same category as religion, politics & sex - not a whisper :whome:

For about 10 years I was set on the idea of 'spreading' my ashes throughout the Okavango Delta via the Kavango river. I've changed my mind, because I'm home now.

I know many people have strong ties with blood and land in Southern Africa and might consider Africa as the final resting place. That is 'going back', isn't it???

The only way I'll 'rest' permanently in iAfrica is if I'm fortunate enough to fight for that/"my" country again. The way things are going now - something must give - hopefully a true man (black or white) will rise out of this mess and lead a nation of builders - getting rid of the breakers. Who knows?? I'll keep myself fit in the meantime - I'm available.

Mauritz

I think I will also change where I want my ashes thrown. Currently that is at the Heads in Knysna but I think Australia will be the resting place in the end!

Andre

Guest natalie3

I dont think we will give a crap about things like that when we are dead... people...its death ..hellooooooo..u is gone..pleadin' denied..ceased to be...

so long as hubby doesnt give my jewellery to whatever slag he decides to marry :whome:

Guest Mauritz
I dont think we will give a crap about things like that when we are dead... people...its death ..hellooooooo..u is gone..pleadin' denied..ceased to be...

so long as hubby doesnt give my jewellery to whatever slag he decides to marry :ilikeit:

Nope it's not :lol: . Someone can still steal my brand new black Bata shoes, while I'm Down Under (I mean resting in my stinkhout coffin - oh yes, someone can steel the stinkhout and make a stupid coffee table) - over my dead body - my ashes will rest in a bottle Chardonnay Down Under (that's now the wonderful land of Oz).

"By the way" - I've met a few South Africans that organised their ashes to GO BACK to Azania. For some it is a big thing - I know a few families that have cemeteries on their farms - ancestors going back 100's of years - strong ties to blood and land. Fathers and mothers, mothers and children buried together - all together with loyal farm workers. For some, it is THE WORLD, IT IS LIFE - I can understand strongly feelings regarding this issue.

Edited by Mauritz

I'm with Nats on this one. When you'r dead you'r dead!!

Cremate me and scatter my ashes where ever!!

I don't do the "going to the cemetary and put some flowers on the grave and cry my eyes out" thing!! Personally I think its masochistic (sp). But thats just my point of view.

My mommy and daddy passed away in recent years, I miss them terrible, but I remember them in my head. I honour them in my day to day living by doing the good they tought me to do, by living the life they would have wanted me to. By being the person they would like me to be.

This might seem a little grose but my mom's ashes was wrapped up in a box in my dad's cupbourd for a long time before he put her in a wall of rememberance and now my dad's ashes are wrapped up in a box in my brother in law's cupbourd, still not in the wall, but he's got company because my brother in law's fathers ashes are there still too!!

Guest natalie3

HA haaaa!..ja neee...no i didnt mean to offend...if u feel strongly about something ..go for it..thats your right..

Im just having a good giggle...so many stories come to mind when i read this topic..like my gran on her death bed..she was lying there and the nurses phoned us to all come because "its time"...so we all standing around the bed looking at her..now shes wide awake..compus mentus and all...so she closes her eyes...my one aunt keeps saying "let go ma...follow the light ma...can u see ouma?"..

...so my gran opens her eyes and says "shut up man!! u pissing me off"...and then closed her eyes and passed away..

we stood there in shocking staring at the aunt!...later at the wake my other aunt retold the story...and my mom says..."no onder ma didnt want to be buried in a 12ft grave..she said so and so irritated her her whole life long and she doesnt want her to bother her while she rests!"

i just think its pretty bad that my gran used her last breath to "K@K her out"...gotta love the old lady for that one...so fiesty!

Edited by natalie3

I agree with Natalie, you are dead !!! Will you really care ?? :holy:

But I also understand... my dad is in a very nice looking little woden box, in my mom's house. They (her and baby sister) used him last year to keep the Christmas tree that was top heavy, from falling over. However they did not use the ligths that plays those irretating tunes (he despised those lights !!) :lol: My sister and I did try to unscrew the lid from the box once... to see what it looks like (you know, does it look like in the movies), my mom nearly had a heart attack !! And stopped us in the nick of time !!!! :P

My ashes .... wherever !! I have thought about various cenarios... In a bottle on the mantle piece, being flushed down the dunny (Oz slang for toilet), what about being bumped over and hoovered up ?!?!?

Anyhoo as I have already said, as I will be dead, I don't really care !!! Why spend the money to get me back to Africa? Use it to buy beer and have a drink on me and my life !!!

Natalie.. as for my jewelery - my will clearly states that all MY stuff must be divided between my children. So the skank / slag / person that DH marries have a hope in hell !! ;) He will have to buy her new stuff !!! :P And if she is horrible to my babies (well 12 year old and baby) I will just have to haunt her !! :ilikeit:

I'm with the girls... no grave for me! I want my flowers while I am alive. And the ashes goes into the nearest nice piece of ocean, maybe that nice hoge kransie where that x-Perth TV girlie committed suicide a few months back... so I can cruise the oceans and visit places I've never been before... maybe a nice island in in the Reef area..

HEY, that's an idea! I will tell hubs and da boyz to scatter me at the Reef. Swims wif da fishes forever!

Funny, I started to say as a child I want to be cremated, to the disgust of my parents... think it was all those scary movies where people wake up underground that made me say it, but the idea grew and now its what I want. I really hate graveyards, and always avoided burials if at all possible. And the fact that my baby boy was cremated, and I never needed a grave for me to remember him, made me realise too that people are in memories, in your heart, not in a grave.

But that is just my view. (and it seems a few other people's too)

Mauritz - I am still stuck in the unraveling iAfrica.

Keep your fit healthy body that side of the Ocean and teach your children well.

Building a nation that way is far more productive, if you'll excuse the pun.

SA 6-months ago is not the same as now.

And the BIGGEST bugger is,who, who will stand with you .... no body....t h e p u n....

So stand tall and do that side ......you know :blush:

I'm getting too punny now.

About the ashes.....I'm not here when my breath leaves so...

Harvest all you like.....save some other lives if you can....

Then cremate me if you want.

But as xeno going....please wait till I'm dead before you harvest or burn.....?

Ja swaar, when the going gets tough, we'll make fun at it.