Problems uploading photographs

Pixel

Question

Hi

I seem to be experiencing a problem uploading photographs, but since this is my first attachment to a post, am not sure whether I'm doing something wrong...?

So far I have browsed for the file on my hard drive and clicked UPLOAD. The file seems to upload as I can see the size of the attachment listed (Attachment space used ***KB of 2MB) beneath the words "Select a file" on the left of the window. This whole section however seems to be inactive as the file names are not listed and therefore I cannot select anything. In the "Manage Current Attachments" field it shows that there is nothing attached.

I thought that perhaps it automatically attaches the file once uploaded and tried posting immediately after uploading, but no photographs appear in the post.

Please help! :magic:

Thank you

11 answers to this question

It's because the photo is too big. What I do, and it's probably the long way round but that works for me, I email the photo to myself and then it asks "make picture smaller" then I say Okay!! Then when I receive the email (like immediately after I sent it) I save it to my Documents and then just attatch it. Once you've done the Upload thing you then go to mannage attatchements and klick the little page with the green mark on it, and voila!!!

I know you IT guys will laugh at me for doing it this way, but hey it works!! LOL!!

Nilo, great minds think alike, I also send emails to myself so that I can click the "make picture smaller" thingy! LOL!!

But if someone has a better idea, please let us know!

Here is what I use to make photos smaller.

It is called Image Resizer from Micrsoft PowerToys. downloadable here :

http://download.microsoft.com/download/whi...wertoySetup.exe

once you install it. and you are in Windows Explorer. Right Click on a file and select "Resize Pictures".

It will then pop-up a small window giving you some choices. I recommend 640x480 for forum uploads.

You can choose smaller if you go top advanced settings. It does not overwrite your orig file, so it is safe and it is free.

But only working on windows...but I recon if you are a Linux user you'l prob know how to do an image resize... The odd chance that there is someone needing linux help...that I can do aswell.

Great advice, thanks all. I though it might have something to do with size, and did make them smaller but I guess not enough.

Anyone know what the permitted size per photo is?

Thanks

Hi,

If you have Microsoft office - chances are you have Microsoft Office Picture Manager. From there you can make it smaller too.

Great advice, thanks all. I though it might have something to do with size, and did make them smaller but I guess not enough.

Anyone know what the permitted size per photo is?

Thanks

size of photos all depend on the colours, border size, format etc.

So for a forum...might I recommend:

Border size

width 640

height 480

and save the photo as a jpeg (.jpg) not bmp.

Jpeg's tend to compress the pic a tad.

The forum is actually setup to resize a pic that is to big to display...so here might be something else at fault here.

hallo all,

thank you for the help in uploading my photo. is there anybody that can tell me how to enable my photo? because i can't see it next to my postings? only if i click on the dropdown next to my name can i view the photo. am i stupid or what?

thanks!

Hi Ilani

That's cos your photo next to your post is called your "avatar' setting. I think you've added your pic to your personal control panel - which is different.

Go to your control panel and click on 'change avatar setting' and you'll get to where you can upload your post pic.

Leigh