Friends wanting to migrate

zana

Hi all

We have friends in SA wanting to migrate to Aus. The gentleman was qualified as an Architectural Technologist last year and has had about 6 years

experience in the Architectural field. The lady have a

diploma as a Financial Secretary and also has a

certificate as a Financial Accountant. I don't know

what the demand in the working sector is and what sort

of skills are in short supply over here for them. Do you think

they might have a problem finding work with the

qualifications that they have? Would it be possible for them to come over on

a sponsored visa eg 458. What would be the best route for them to take. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you :)

Hi Zana,

ALthough I'm not sure what an Architectural Technologust is (??), I would recommend that anyone wanting to move over here keeps an eye on the job sites, specifically www.seek.com.au, www.careerone.com.au and www.mycareer.com.au. 99% of these positions have an automatic positing stating that only those with visas can apply, but the truth is that I know quite a few people that have managed to get jobs (and therefore sponsors) using this method. The should also help indicate what the demand is in those sectors.

Hope this helps

Ajay

Hi Ajay, I am not to sure myself.. but I will def. send them the links thank you. :)

Edited by zana

A lot of things make up the 120 point seeing that Architecture associate only gets 40 points (assess by VETASSESS) the younger the better. So their best option might be 457 visas. At least his career is in short supply and on the list.

Hi Zana

Best is to first visit Department of Immigration & Multicultural Affairs (DIMIA) on www.immi.gov.au - there is all details regarding migration. LOTS of info - best is to play around and read as much as possible.

In terms of determining their career points for immigration, your friends might want to look at Form 1121i on the website - this is the Skilled Occupation List (SOL), outlining the different points for each profession/career/vocation/trade. At the end of the SOL, are all the assessment authorities' contact details. For Australian immigration, your friends would need to get their qualifications and experience assessed by the relevant assessment authority before handing in their immigration application.

Booklet 5 (Employer-sponsored skilled migration) and Booklet 6 (General skilled migration) will give them step by step info on how points are calculated and what the various visa options are.

If your friends can't migrate with the Skilled Indpendent Visa (136), there might be alternative visa options, depending mainly on their age, English competency level and successful career/experience assessment.

Good luck <_<

Liza