Budgeting in Aus

Dedrei

Just a question... :unsure:

How do you guys budget your finances? :blink: with some bills being weekly, some fortnightly, some monthly, some every 3 months, etc.

And on top of that, one of us gets paid weekly and other monthly. :blink:

Just seems like an impossible task :rolleyes:

Hi Dedrei,

I set up an Excel spreadsheet, with columns for the pay dates, and then put whatever payment has to go off what pay cycle, under that date. It's a bit hard to explain, I'll just attach it here. It is very basic, maybe you could adjust it to suit your needs. If you have any suggestions to make it better, I would appreciate it. I am still working at linking it with my full budget.

It was just made up on the spur of the moment, when I just could not stand the confusion anymore. Me and hubby kept misunderstanding each other, and he could never find the internet banking details! :rolleyes:

I planned ahead for the rest of the year, printed it out, and stuck it to my desk in front of the PC. I just cross off the payments as they go through the bank accounts. And then we have two bank accounts as well, just to make it more confusing!

Greetings,

Dreamy

Voorbeeld_van_aftrekorder_beplanning.xls

Menigte kere dan het dit al gebeur dat ek dink ok nou het ons paar geldtjies oor, kom ons doen dit daarmee. En dan woops gaan daar iets af, en word dit reversed omdat daar nie genoeg geld is nie. :blink:

:unsure: Dis 'n nagmerrie om die minste te sê!! En dit vir 'n accountant :rolleyes:

Thanks vir die sheet, sal kyk of dit werk...

Gee Dedrei

Now I don’t feel like the only drunk budgeter sitting in the corner on my own. :unsure:

I also tried the spreadsheet thing but it just did not work for me so I just gave up, what I do now is luckily we both get paid fortnightly and most of our things that need to be paid is on a fortnightly basis the only thing I pay weekly is school fees. (Kindie)

All the other stuff I pay out of our savings and then refund the savings account as we get paid again or spread it over two fortnightly refunds, but to budget in Australia is a night mare. At least I now feel better knowing it is not just me!!!! :rolleyes: