SUNSHINE COAST

SHIRLS

Hi there,

New to this forum my husband and I and 3 boys plan to settle near Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast if everything goes to plan by the end of the year.We are applying for a State Sponsored Business visa subclass 163(seems rare).Anyone out there with helpful info in that area ?

Hi there,

My daughter is in Uni up in Mooloolaba, well Sippy Downs actually but just down the road from Mooloolaba. We live on the Gold Coast and go up there often. She loves it there and housing etc is not as expensive as down this side. It is a great place to bring up young kids and reminds me a lot of Northern Natal, St Lucia, Richards Bay etc just more built up. Beautiful and weather is good although you do get a lot of rain, that's why it is so beautiful and green. :ilikeit:

Apparently also a big group of South Africans up that way, if you are interested in that. She has 3 RSA families in her church and we have none down here at our church on the GC.

Edited by colton

Hi there,

New to this forum my husband and I and 3 boys plan to settle near Mooloolaba on the Sunshine Coast if everything goes to plan by the end of the year.We are applying for a State Sponsored Business visa subclass 163(seems rare).Anyone out there with helpful info in that area ?

Great choice. I love the Sunshine coast,especialy Noosa. Mooloolaba and Maroochydore.

Mooloolaba is very pretty, lovely beach and marina just down the road.No reason why you should not love it there. :thumbdown:

As a matter of interest what type of business are you guys going to set or buy?

Enjoy!

Manny

Great choice. I love the Sunshine coast,especialy Noosa. Mooloolaba and Maroochydore.

Mooloolaba is very pretty, lovely beach and marina just down the road.No reason why you should not love it there. :ilikeit:

As a matter of interest what type of business are you guys going to set or buy?

Enjoy!

Manny

Hi Manny

thanks for the inspiration ! We know some people in that area already so that is why we chose it.Also finding on a daily basis that everyone around us seems to be thinking of crossing the water.As far as a business is concerned well that is a tough one as we are a bit undecided.Our current businesses are labour intensive which we want to try and avoid over their as labour is expensive.We are in the flooring game (carpets,ceramics,vinyl etc).Have heard horror stories too of Saffers being ripped of so we have to be careful.Any pointers/advice in that department would be greatly appreciated.

Shirls

• 4 months later...

We are also thinking of the Sunshine Coast with the State Sponsorhsip 163 !! How far are you? did you use an agent ? Have you done an LSD?

• 5 months later...

Hi guys,

We are looking at that area as well. We did an LSD last year end of May. It rained for the week we stayed in Buderim but even still, it just felt like the right place to be.

We should be there Nov/Dec 2009. We also liked Sippy Downs and looked at a few properties there.

I have some Photos of Sippy Downs and anyone who would like to see them can contact me and I will mail them.

Looking so forward to being back there and meeting up with people that are there.

Would also like to meet up with People who are going. We are based on the East Rand, Benoni.

Drop me a line and we can get together.

Also going on 163 visa. Got state sponsorship August 2008. Lodged visa application September 2008. Still waiting. We used Hitchcock and Associates, good but expensive, do your homework there are cheaper guys out there. Have been to Australia twice April 2007 and October 2008. Stayed on Sunshine Coast last year at Caloundra, very nice area. We are looking at Brisbane, North Gold Coast area to settle.

We are also thinking of the Sunshine Coast with the State Sponsorhsip 163 !! How far are you? did you use an agent ? Have you done an LSD?

HI Everybody,

My family and I are also wanting to settle in that area (Maroochydore/Noosa/Buderim). We are going over on a PR175 and would like to be settled before the end of 2009.

Nice to know there's more of you :)

your pal, Mel

post-5933-1236332857.gif

Hi Manny

thanks for the inspiration ! We know some people in that area already so that is why we chose it.Also finding on a daily basis that everyone around us seems to be thinking of crossing the water.As far as a business is concerned well that is a tough one as we are a bit undecided.Our current businesses are labour intensive which we want to try and avoid over their as labour is expensive.We are in the flooring game (carpets,ceramics,vinyl etc).Have heard horror stories too of Saffers being ripped of so we have to be careful.Any pointers/advice in that department would be greatly appreciated.

Shirls

Hi Shirls

Most of the horror stories about saffers being ripped in business are true... I think the best way is to get yourself an SA accountant who is qualified as a CA... (most of them can be trusted)

Their are plenty in Australia... if you were going to Mellies, I could have suggested a few...

Best of luck..

We have a 163 Business VISA and will be settling on the Gold Coast. Either in Kawana Waters or in Noosa.

Been to that area and Mooloolaba area is great. I think it can get a bit busy during holidays as this is prime beach spot.

(Be sure to visit Hog's Breath Cafe for some great food)

We did out VISA ourselves and did not find it too difficult.

We already purchased business and now just waiting to sell the house and then we will be over there.

To me the Sunshine Coast is just lovely!! We live 4km's from the Brisbane city and I would give my front teeth to live in the sunshine hinterlands (Montville is a dream!) but work is where the home is in our case unfortunately!! So if you can make it work that way then it'll be fantastic!

• 5 months later...

Hi,

We received our passport with Queensland Business skills visa 164 evidenced yesterday. So happy and relieved to finally have our visa label/sticker :-)

Shirls, hawker, Michelle Therese, Doc Rip:

Are you still in SA or in Queensland already?

Please share which type of business are you in and if you have decided to do same business or something different in Queensland?

Which on the Big 4 banks would you say is best to open an account with in terms of customer service, fees etc?

Do we pay international fees on schooling on business skills visa?

We are going on LSD Sept-Oct 2009 to check out some areas in Brisbane and Gold Coast to try make up our mind where to settle.

Would love to hear from anyone on similar business visa and how they are doing.

Jennifer

160 Australia Business Owner (Provisional) Visa

161 Australia Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa

163 Australia State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) Visa

164 Australia State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa

Hi,

We received our passport with Queensland Business skills visa 164 evidenced yesterday. So happy and relieved to finally have our visa label/sticker :-)

Shirls, hawker, Michelle Therese, Doc Rip:

Are you still in SA or in Queensland already?

Please share which type of business are you in and if you have decided to do same business or something different in Queensland?

Which on the Big 4 banks would you say is best to open an account with in terms of customer service, fees etc?

Do we pay international fees on schooling on business skills visa?

We are going on LSD Sept-Oct 2009 to check out some areas in Brisbane and Gold Coast to try make up our mind where to settle.

Would love to hear from anyone on similar business visa and how they are doing.

Jennifer

160 Australia Business Owner (Provisional) Visa

161 Australia Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa

163 Australia State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (Provisional) Visa

164 Australia State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (Provisional) Visa

Hi there,

We are still in SA but will be leaving at the end of November.

We are purchasing an IT company as that what we have here in SA.

Banks: We opened accounts at Commonwealth. When you arrive you visit nearest branch and validate.

If anyone wanna meet during December just let us know.................... :ilikeit:

Hi Jenn

We are still in SA, fly to Brisbane on 2 January 2010, booked flights through IOM. We are still not sure what sort of business we are going to buy. Yes you have to international rates for students and it is very expensive. We are so excited cant wait for January.