C# Developer avg salary

MichaelvdBerg

Hi

For the Software devs out there, is 75K per annum inclusive of Superannuation a little overboard or about average for someone with 4 years of xp in that field.. I'm currently negotiating for a salary in Brisbane and ALL my research was based on Sydney?

Regards

Michael

I have no idea about the salary - but am so glad to see you have a job offer! Fabulous news! :ilikeit:

Leigh

I have no idea about the salary - but am so glad to see you have a job offer! Fabulous news! :ilikeit:

Leigh

Thanks Leigh. I had my manager's interview this morning and I HATE negotiating for salaries etc. Luckily it never came up but I now have to decide where to work: Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane! WOW!

I can't believe it!

May I ask - did you finally get the job through Seek? I remember you were so disillusioned with the whole job hunt thing a while back... so all your hard work and people changing their minds eventually paid off - great!

Leigh

Hi MichaelvdBerg,

I am also a C# developer in Cape Town. Have a look at the attached pdf I found a while ago somewhere on this forum.

information_technology.pdf

Edited by Johanvn

I would say that is a good salary to start with in Brisbane or maybe Melbourne, but in Sydney maybe to little. Hope everything works out fine, where will you be based in Brisbane if you take it?

I am also going to Brisbane end of July/August, we should meet up! I am in the same field as well

Sjoe, 75K AU$ - that's double the average RSA salary. Thought C# programmers get about R20 to 30K. Do I work for the wrong cpy?

Sjoe, 75K AU$ - that's double the average RSA salary. Thought C# programmers get about R20 to 30K. Do I work for the wrong cpy?

Are you in Aus already? You also in .NET development?

Hi Michael

I agree that for Sydney you may battle on that salary, as you state that it is inclusive of superannuation, that means you will be earning, before tax, $68807.33 per annum.

I'm still in Pretoria. .NET programmer for 2 years: C# and VB.net but VB6 before that for 6 yrs and Cobol before that.

Maybe I do not negotiate enough when it comes to my salary. I do have the feeling I'm underpaid.

Sydney is expensive! After working as a C# programmer in Sydney for a year now (not in the CBD, meaning I have a slight pay disadvantage), I am of the opinion that you need AT LEAST twice the salary that you had in South Africa. Meaning: If you are currently managing on a salary of R30000 (everything included) in South Africa....you will need at least R60000 per month to live here in Sydney with REASONABLY the same standard of living. That means your monthly package in dollars (with an exchange rate of 7.6) must be at least $7894 per month everything included = $94728 (Super included)

Similarly, if you are getting R20000 and surviving in SA - then I think you need at least R40000 = $5263 per month over here ($63157 per annum)

(I might be wrong...but I am not advising anybody to come over here on a SURVIVAL package.)

In Oz, $150 000 per annum per family is considered as being very well of and it is normally only those families earning that, which can afford an average house in Sydney. The rest of the working class will have to make do on renting. This is the REALITY of living in Sydney. Also expect to pay at least twice what you pay for food in SA. (That is why you have to earn twice as much!)

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the excellent replies. Sorry I have been a little AWOL lately...

I have spoken to a few people and yeah, I guess for Sydney one would be looking at about avg 75K exclusive of super for about 4 years of XP. It might be 70K --super at Brissy or Melbourne. I will get an offer soon and will hopefully be ok. The company that is sponsoring me have not lost a single developer since they've started up in 1999, which is absolutely unheard of especially since they aren't exactly small. So this makes me feel that I will get a decent offer soon...unless they drug their employees and brainwash them to be mindless drones LOL!

I will keep everyone up to date with what's happening..

PS. Congratz to MartinP with his job offer! I am really glad for you man!

\m/ichael

Thanks a lot Micheal, good luck with all your arrangements etc as well!!