Sponsors????

da_feemail

Does anyone know of a possible sponsor for an electrician still in RSA. Willing to work on the mines as well.

Thnx

Carelene

Carelene

As jy na die immigration website gaan en daar kyk na die Regional Sponsored Visa, is ek byna seker dat "electrician" op heelwat state se lys van skaars beroepe of "skills" is. Ek sou na dit kyk en ook kyk op Seek.com.au vir werk en moontlike sponsors. Ek dink die eerste punt is om die kwalifikasie te laat assesseer en dan kan mens regtig begin soek. Soos ek die ding verstaan behoort die persoon nie 'n probleem te hê nie aangesien dit 'n skaars "skill" is.

Bienkie

Hi Carelene

Electrician is on the skills in demand occupation list.

Prior to August 2007 you could get a company to sponsor you on a 457 and then apply to have your Electrical skills assessed through TRA( Trade Recognition Australia)here in Australia.

I think TRA was inundated and now a new system is in place.

Go to www.vetassess.com.au and click on "trade skills assessment for migration"

There are 3 parts to the Electrician assessment

A self assessment

paper based assessment at $600

practical skills assessment at $1600( a bit like doing your trade test again)

The only place to do this is Cape Town and I would imagine that it may take time to get a booking.

If your skills are assessed you are more attractive to a potential 457 sponsor.

You could also look at coming to a particular state( especially a regional area) and getting onto the skills matching database, this makes sense if you are coming as an independent.

There is talk of ensuring that a quota( say 40%) of all migrants ( 120 000 +) settle in regional areas and I have also heard of a possible revamp to the 457 visa so my advice is if you are serious, get cracking!

Also remember you generally have to be under age 45 for a 457.

Good luck

Andrea L