Registering a birth

Lindy-Lee

Hi guys and gals

Do any of you know where exactly I go to register my daughters birth in RSA? In Canberra or where? And can I apply for her passport there as well.

Her birth has been registered in Aus but not in RSA yet...and I guess I have to do that :ilikeit:

Thanx all

Lindy-Lee

:unsure:

Hi LL,

I think Bunnyhop offer birth registrations as a service as well...www.bunnyhop.co.za

Cheers

Ajay

You can also contact the RSA embassy in Canberra on 02 6273 2424. They will mail you all the necessary forms and then send it back to them to forward to RSA. The birth certificate will be returned to Canberra, and they will mail it to you. If it is urgent, you may choose to use bunnyhop, but if it is just a matter of getting is done, no matter how long it takes, I'd take the embassy route. Bunnyhop is very expensive! Their courier fee is R450 last time I enquired.

Thanx Riekie & Ajay

I will contact embassy and see if they can tell me how long it's going to take.... I need to get her SA birth certificate to get a passport so that she can be put on our 457 visa and PR application.

Who knows how long a passport is going to take......and the wait begins :ilikeit:

Thanx again

Lindy-Lee

:)

You can not do your passports through bunnyhop - so you might as well do it all through the embassy. (Don't know how long it will take. We are also now doing passport renewals, so I'm yet to find out myself....)