Seeking a SAFFER Guest Speaker

Rialet

Hi Everyone

I do not really know where to post this question/query but the company I am working for is looking into hosting a Business Breakfast together with the Africa Club of Queensland towards the end of September this year (probably the last Friday) and we would like to invite as many exSouth Africans in IT, Finance and HR to this as we thought it would be a good networking opportunity for a lot of people in the Brisbane and Gold Coast area.

We have booked one guest speaker so far but would also like to preferably get a South African Business Professional that is currently in Brisbane to also be a guest speaker on this event. I know this is probably quite an odd request but I will appreciate it if anyone can contact me (PM please) should they be interested in being part of this and if you know or can point me in the right direction of a SA guest speaker.

A lot of people have had different experiences once they have entered the business market and it would be interesting to share our experience and by doing this offer some guidance to those that are either struggling to enter the market or are in the process of entering it - specifically in IT, Finance and HR. Would be interesting to get your views and opinions on this.

Rialet

Hi Rialet,

Have you tried contacting the Afrikaanse Klub, they have people in Brisbane, and could certainly put you onto the right people.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Have you ever tried to contact them? I certainly have and to date no response unfortunately. I have had a good telephone chat to a fellow forum member this morning and got some great pointers and ideas and that is way I love this forum - regardless what you post - people always seem to respond some way or another!!!

Thanks anyway for your suggestion but I have had no joy from them in the past.

Cheers

Rialet

Sorry about that. Did not know they were so bad?

Greetings,

Dreamy

Guest Sunshine Sister
Thanks anyway for your suggestion but I have had no joy from them in the past.

Hi there,

You know it is interesting that you should say that. This is a complaint I have seen on many occasions on many different fora and discussions. I wonder what is up with that ? Are they under-staffed and in need of some serious admin help ? Or do they just not care ? I have on two separate occasions also tried to contact them for different reasons and had no joy... No response whatsoever. Hmmm, not a very good advertisement for Afrikaans now is it. :rolleyes: Dreamy, it would have been an excellent idea, thanks for trying to think of a solution. Rialet, I am very glad that you have had a response. You are right, I have also been amazed at how helpful and friendly ppl are on this forum. From posting pics, to digging out phone numbers, news of helpful agents, telling of worst experiences, to sharing removal company tips - if you're looking for something SAaussie, you'll probably find it here - I find that really inspiring ! :unsure:

Hope your event will be a success, good luck.

Love

SS

:blink:

PS. LOVE your photo, nice to see you !!

Edited by Sunshine Sister