Melbourne get-together : 25 May 2008

Doortjie

What a wonderful outcome – with at least 216 adults and a whole bunch of kiddies too!

WOW - well done Dorien & team!!! :ilikeit: That's sounds awesome!

Glad the weather played along and all worked out so well. I was thinking about the Melbourne get-together the whole weekend...I hope to be adult number 217 at the next get-together - that's if DIAC plays along and hurry up big time with my visa!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doortjie

• Mara

• Marinda Ni

• Nats123

WOW - well done Dorien & team!!! :ilikeit: That's sounds awesome!

Glad the weather played along and all worked out so well. I was thinking about the Melbourne get-together the whole weekend...I hope to be adult number 217 at the next get-together - that's if DIAC plays along and hurry up big time with my visa!

Thanks Kangeroo

You must be looking forward to join us in Melbourne.

Hope you arrive soon.

I would just like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Dorien and all her helpers - WOW - what a turnout, 216, that is definitely a record! We had a lovely day!

Hi Hansa Please

Sorry to have missed you, I do hope we meet at the next one, or I may just start to think you are a figment of my imagination!

To Dorien and everybody involved in yesterdays picinic,

Thank you so much for a fantastic day. We had a wonderful time and were very impressed with the turnout. The people we personally got to meet made the day extra special and here's hoping the Saffer community goes from strength to strength in Melbourne with events like these.

Well Done and warm thanks

Carolyn and Derek

Just a BIG thank you to Dorien and her helpers from the Mallons as well.

The kids had a ball and we met such great people!

Thank you it was a great event!

Nats

Edited by Nats123

I would just like to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Dorien and all her helpers - WOW - what a turnout, 216, that is definitely a record! We had a lovely day!

Just a pleasure, Mara.

Thanks for coming all the way from the other side of town.

There were also people from Ballarat, Bacchus Marsh and Geelong.

Just a BIG thank you to Dorien anfd her helpers fromt he Mallons as well.

The kids had a ball and we met such great people!

Thank you it was a great event!

Nats

Hi Nats

So glad you made some new friends.

And fingers cross for Sean and that prospective job.

Thank you so much for a fantastic day. We had a wonderful time and were very impressed with the turnout. The people we personally got to meet made the day extra special and here's hoping the Saffer community goes from strength to strength in Melbourne with events like these.

Well Done and warm thanks

Carolyn and Derek

Thanks Carolyn

So glad you could take a break from the studies to attend.

Good luck with the exams.

Is anyone missing a pink Barbie backpack?

It was left behind after the get together on Sunday.

If so, please PM me for details - it is with Gerhard D.

Have a look at Ray's Cam for a few shots from Sunday's picnic.

http://www.rayscam.com/

Hi Doortjie and the rest in Melbourne,

We are scheduled to fly to Melbourne Sunday, 8th June and looking forward to meeting all +216 of you at the next meeting.

Until then

Aus457

Hi Doortjie and the rest in Melbourne,

We are scheduled to fly to Melbourne Sunday, 8th June and looking forward to meeting all +216 of you at the next meeting.

Until then

Aus457

Great news, Aus457!

Almost here.... you can count the sleeps already...

Contact me when you arrive or even before if you need some assistance. We will look out for you.

Good luck.

Hi Dorien,

Jammer ons is soos mosterd na die maal, maar hier uit Ballarat wil ons gesin ook baie dankie sê vir die groot en suksesvolle byeenkoms. Dankie ook vir Mara se aanwysings. So tussen Mara en die GPS het ons darem die park gekry sonder 'n probleem.

Alle voorspoed met die reëlings vir die volgende byeenkoms, (dit klink my ons sal maar die stadsaal moet bespreek vir die volgende een).

Vriendelike groete,

Marinda

:whome:

Hi Dorien,

Jammer ons is soos mosterd na die maal, maar hier uit Ballarat wil ons gesin ook baie dankie sê vir die groot en suksesvolle byeenkoms. Dankie ook vir Mara se aanwysings. So tussen Mara en die GPS het ons darem die park gekry sonder 'n probleem.

Alle voorspoed met die reëlings vir die volgende byeenkoms, (dit klink my ons sal maar die stadsaal moet bespreek vir die volgende een).

Vriendelike groete,

Marinda

:wacko:

Groot plesier, Marinda.

Ons moet vir julle dankie se dat julle al die pad gery het om saam met ons te kom kuier in Melbourne.

Baie bly julle het dit geniet en jullle kon nuwe vriende maak.

Kyk uit vir die volgende een!

Dorien en Mara,

Julle is 'n span duisend! Dorien, bly ek kon jou en jou wederhelf ontmoet (bly Elana het sy aanvanklike naam nie op hom gehou nie, want ek was nie seker of daai bekende Afrikaanse spreekwoord sou moes dien as sy naam of VAN nie!!!). Baie dankie vir 'n heel aangename en suksesvolle byeenkoms. Ek/ons het dit werklik baie geniet. Soveel so dat ek nie by die helfte van die mense uitgekom het by wie ek wou nie. SO dit beteken net een ding. Reel weer so 'n funksie/geleentheid sodat ons almal kan ontmoet en kan deel in mekaar se pret, plesier en ook die minder aangename dinge. So sal ons seker eendag, alhoewel hier al hoe meer Saffers aanland, almal ontmoet.

Natasha is nou nog spyt sy het niemand by die byeenkoms reeds in SA geken nie ... Ek kon OOK nie by Mara uitkom nie. Ek wou, maar elke keer, liewe Mara, was jy in gesprek met iemand anders - spreek boekdele van julle!

Nogmaals dankie.

Groete.

Eugene :wacko::wacko:

Is anyone missing a pink Barbie backpack?

Erm... yes... it's mine.... :wacko:

Just kidding.

I'm sure no man would put his hand up if it was. :wacko:

Dorien en Mara,

Julle is 'n span duisend! Dorien, bly ek kon jou en jou wederhelf ontmoet (bly Elana het sy aanvanklike naam nie op hom gehou nie, want ek was nie seker of daai bekende Afrikaanse spreekwoord sou moes dien as sy naam of VAN nie!!!).

Hahaha! Ja, Eugene - ek voel party keer om my man so te noem!! (Gelukkig is hy nie op die forum nie...)

Baie dankie vir 'n heel aangename en suksesvolle byeenkoms. Ek/ons het dit werklik baie geniet. Soveel so dat ek nie by die helfte van die mense uitgekom het by wie ek wou nie. SO dit beteken net een ding. Reel weer so 'n funksie/geleentheid sodat ons almal kan ontmoet en kan deel in mekaar se pret, plesier en ook die minder aangename dinge. So sal ons seker eendag, alhoewel hier al hoe meer Saffers aanland, almal ontmoet.

Eugene :lol::whome:

Baie dankie Eugene - en dit was net 'n plesier.

Wens ook ek kon meer tyd by meer mense spandeer, maar ons maak beslis weer so! Dan is ons al ou kenisse!

I'm sure no man would put his hand up if it was. :lol:

Come on now Hansa - don't be shy...

Hansa, you know it is yours, just own up like a MAN! LOL!!!!!

Olie, thanks for the compliment, but all the credit has to go to Doortjie, she made all the arrangements, I was just a visitor. HOWEVER, I am sorry I missed you, please, next time, just interrupt me, I talk way too much!

Marinda, geen dank nodige vir die aanwysings nie, ek is net bly julle het die park gevind! As julle ooit lus het vir 'n koppie koffee oor die naweek, ons is nader in Sunbury as die park hoor. Julle is altyd welkom.

To all involved, thanks so much for a great time on Sunday! We really enjoyed meeting other South Africans. Looking forward to the next one already......

Ray's pictures are really good!

To all involved, thanks so much for a great time on Sunday! We really enjoyed meeting other South Africans. Looking forward to the next one already......

Ray's pictures are really good!

Thanks for attending, Janis.

I hope to upload more pictures soon. (Used Ray's camera and just waiting for the pics.)

Hey dit was lekker !!!

Die Coetzers hou daarvan om te social. Ons sien julle weer by die volgende een...

Elana

Hey dit was lekker !!!

Die Coetzers hou daarvan om te social. Ons sien julle weer by die volgende een...

Elana

Hi Elana

Jy's maar skaars op die forum jong...

Bly jy en Michael en die kids was daar.

BAIE dankie vir jou hulp die dag - ek waardeer dit vreeslik baie.

So sorry we weren't there yet to join the get-together. On our way soon I hope just waiting for 457 visa to be approved.

It really makes things seem alot simpler when you see the friendships you can make even though you've just left home.

Regards

Jax and Jens