Visa needed to go to NZ?

Tracy

Looks like I may be heading to NZ for Christmas!!

I have looked at the NZ immigration site and I'm confused.

It says I will not need a visa if I have a resident return visa.

Does my 457 temporary residence visa cover this?

I suspect I may need to apply for one...

Anyone got ideas on if I am correct and how long they take to be granted? Any pitfalls to watch out for?

Thanks!

Hi Tracy,

Good news you don't need a visa. New Zealand is one of the few places in the world where South African passport holders don't need a visa for short term stays.

Enjoy the trip.

Thanks Colton; also went back and found the "visa-free countries" link...why is it that teachers never read properly? :blush:

So I can get into the long white cloud on 2 counts. Nice to know

It will be lovely around Christmas, you will enjoy it. Where do you intend going, Tracy? I love NZ summers more than I hate the winters :whome:

Hey Kat,

I'll be going to Auckland and doing some exploring as well; Lake Waikaremoana and a kayak seem to be on the agenda! Other than that bit of info I have no further idea!

I feel so silly because I know almost nothing about the country! Shows how focussed I was on getting here!

I know this

New Zealand = Lotsa rain

New Zealand= Lotsa sheep and men in wellies :angry:

Flame Suit on

My sister has moved there this year as its a lot easier to get in there than here so I may be paying NZ a visit sooner than later.

You know what? Tot my skande I have to admit that I too know more about Australia than NZ!!!

But if you can you have to go up to Cape Reinga, the most northern point (or almost) of NZ. The beaches are stunning. You can drive up to Kaitaia and take bus tours the rest of the way.

Also worth mentioning is the very stinky Rotorua (RotoVegas). I have never been there but want to go. Tauranga on the eastern North Island is our local Margate, also lovely beaches.

The summer temps are very mild, you will love it, compared to Aus summers.