Pretoria 2 Melbourne 30 June 08

HollanderInOz

We're relocating to Melbourne on Monday, June 30 '08 and we'll be delighted to take a parcel along. If anyone is interested, please PM me for more details.

HI,

We are also on our way and are landing on the 28th of May, where are you guys going to stay before settling?

T

Not sure yet, still exploring possibilities. What about you guys?

Sheesh, Melbourne is growing, with South Africans! Welcome, may you have a good journey. Please feel free to PM me if there is anything I can assist with, or if you wish to meet once here!

Thanks Mara, you'll hear from us soon - very soon! Steve (AReyeP previously from Melbourne, now in Johannesburg) has just convinced us that Sunbury is the place for us - referring to a lot of your posts as well. We considered Templestowe and Doncaster due to the fact that it is closer to the cbd, but Sunbury seems to have everything we are looking for. Will chat to you soon!

HI,

We are also not sure but looking at Wheelers Hill, Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley as it is 5km from hubbies work and on train routes for me if I want to go out and about but who knows, maybe we find something else. First want to find a church and then see where the community lives.

Speak soon

T

HI,

We are also not sure but looking at Wheelers Hill, Mount Waverley, Glen Waverley as it is 5km from hubbies work and on train routes for me if I want to go out and about but who knows, maybe we find something else. First want to find a church and then see where the community lives.

Speak soon

T

Hi

If you arel looking for n chucrh , check out City Life on the net. They are really great and on Sunday I walked in with another couple also coming from SA and it felt like home. It is near the area you are looking for housing. We live in Wheelers Hill and my GPS says it is 7.6km from here. They are busy with a new road the Eastlink and then it will be a 2 min drive to go there. THey also have a great school at the back of the church . If you are still looking for accomodation I can look at the churchÅ› notice board. Otherwise check out wotif.com.au and totaltravel.com.au and also check out house swapping which is the cheapest way of living.

Neola :ilikeit:

Hi Neola

I will 2nd City Life, my son and his family attend at the newly formed assembly in Doncaster, they have been going to City Life for about 3 years now.

Hi Hollander2Aus

Look forward to hearing from you...........

Thanks will check it out immediately.

Cheers

T

We considered Sunbury too, but it's too far from hubby's work (Eastern side of CBD). Found a place (took a rental over from an SA lady that had to go back to SA) in Templestowe and I love it here. It is very hilly, big green trees and very quiet. It is really a lovely area to live in. Enough stores, etc nearby. Houses are quite expensive, so may not be able to eventually buy here.

• 2 months later...
HI,

Speak soon

T

Hi Ungerers

Hope you arrived safely in Melbourne. Our plans are to be there end of August. I'm interested to know where you settled eventually because we're also looking in the Wheeler's Hill are for a rental home. I've found a job in Clayton which is nearby and the Glen Waverley area has nice schools.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Francois Steyn

Hi Ungerers

Hope you arrived safely in Melbourne. Our plans are to be there end of August. I'm interested to know where you settled eventually because we're also looking in the Wheeler's Hill are for a rental home. I've found a job in Clayton which is nearby and the Glen Waverley area has nice schools.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Francois Steyn

Hi Francois,

Nice to hear you are also on your way. We found a property in Wheelers Hill, it is such a nice suburb. But if you are not succesful here in Wheelers Hill you can also look at Wantirna, Wantirna South and even Knoxfield. They are all very nice areas and in the vacinity of Wheelers Hill.

PM me if you need any help. We will gladly assist.

Take Care

Tanja

hi guys

ons is ook oppad na melbourne weet nog glad nie waar ons gaan bly nie, My vrou gaan by melbourne private hospital werk en sal seker so teen jan daar begin. Sy sal maar eers aleen moet oorgaan en vir ons n' plek gaan soek om te bly. Ek en die kinders (3 van hulle) sal later oorgaan.

Is Melbourne so mooi soos almal se dit is????

Groete

Stefan

Hi Francois,

Nice to hear you are also on your way. We found a property in Wheelers Hill, it is such a nice suburb. But if you are not succesful here in Wheelers Hill you can also look at Wantirna, Wantirna South and even Knoxfield. They are all very nice areas and in the vacinity of Wheelers Hill.

PM me if you need any help. We will gladly assist.

Take Care

Tanja

Hi Tanja

Wil net weet of julle eintlik Afrikaans magtig is? Until I know it's English. Many have warned us that properties are scarce and it takes a while to get a rental house. Is this true as we've been looking at the Domain website and can see plenty properies for rent in the Wheeler's Hill area?

The plan is to live in a furnished apartment until we can secure a home mainly because I'm not sure you can secure a rental home from here.

Your advice will be welcome.

Francois