My friends run in with the Australian Po po

Duane W

I have this South African friend who is a bit of a petrol head and a bit of a speed freak. Apparently he was suffering from some withdrawal symptons and was thus overcome by this uncontrollable urge to clean his tyres a bit in the parking lot at work one evening after everyone had left.

So as he tells it he had just made this nice smoke cloud outside the workshop and as he was about to pull out into the road a police car came past unfortunately they had to drive through this cloud of smoke.

Seeing them he reversed back in and parked his car and ducked back into the workshop.

Lo and behold a few minutes later some of Australias finest arrived and started interrogating an apprentice that was still there. Strange thing is they pretty much ignored the real(middleaged) culprit and despite assurance that it wasnt the appy they continued trying to get him to confess.

After a few minutes of no joy they walk off and start searching the waste skip in the parking area obviously looking for these dangerous criminals. They then accosted the cleaner and were insisting that he tell them who it was of course the poor old man had seen nothing.

So after about 15 minutes of interrogating and searching they left.

I was pretty impressed to hear this because if they put that much effort into finding the cause of some tyre smoke on private property they must really sort the murderers and rapists out.

The moral of the story?

Dont do naughty car stuff where a cop may drive past and if you have to make sure you have a youth handy to take the attention off the real culprit. :rolleyes:

In my view, don't do the naughty car stuff at all... If there is one thing that pisses me off about Australia, it is the P-platers and hoons spinning and smoking their tyres everywhere. Some of the roads I travel on look like a race track, with black spin and skid marks all over it. Beware the idiot who crosses my path...

These people are bloody idiots.

I would have no problem in dobbing hbim in , so please dont hoon in my street, because I will take your number plate and I will dob you in !!!!!

These people are bloody idiots.

I would have no problem in dobbing hbim in , so please dont hoon in my street, because I will take your number plate and I will dob you in !!!!!

I recomend you take a deep breath and possibly a blood pressure tablet or 2. reread my post and this time take note of the part that mentions private property.

The 1st character that does a skid outside my house is going to get a bat through his windscreen as I also hate it. I personally save my antics for the race track.

Hi Duane W

It might be a good idea if you get your friend to a race track on a regular basis to rid him of his urges. It was lucky it was private property, otherwise they might have squashed his car. They get a little sticky about these things around here. P Platers are the main culprits, and guys with modified cars, saw on TV how a couple of there cars got confiscated and squashed. Good on the Cops they have the right Idea with these people. I have a heavy foot aswell, but go offroad when I have an urge to drive like an idiot.

Steph :)