How do you find a job?

bienkie

Hi there

We are still in SA trying to make the right decision about the whole immigration thing, and I am researching all the different visum options on the immigration website. SO, I was wonder what do you do when you have that visum in your passport ? Do you wait until you get to the other side and only then try finding a job, or do you start immediately sending out CV's and contacting possible employers ? We are hoping to eventually go on a State Sponsorship, so I would love to hear from people who did it this way! It just seem almost impossible to start looking for a job while you are still in SA. Must admit, it would feel wonderful to know you can go, and almost immediately start on a new job. With the rand exchange rate it is quite nerve wrecking to think you must go in the hope to find something soon enough. I also suppose it is not impossible that potential employers might be interested once they know you have the visum and it is just a matter of getting to Australia.

Would love to hear your stories or must I say adventures!!! :rolleyes:

My advise is to get here (Australia) with a job in hand and start earning $$$$$ as soon as possible.

As far as I've seen we all spend a lot more in the first few months, for various reasons, so earning $ asap makes it easier.

When you have the visa in your passport companies will consider you in a much more positive light.

As a teacher I put my CV on a teaching resource website (www.teachers.on.net) and my school found ME!

I think when you have your visa , you need to look at the economic climate at the time.

5-8 years ago, its was incredibly hard to get a job some people battle for 1 year to get a job. Today , its a different situation, there a hundreds of jobs out

there and if you are not to fussy, you can get a job with out any problems.

My suggestion is play it by ear , when you have your visa in your hand, you then make a decision. In the meantime save save save and get your money out of South Africa ASAP, before it drops even further.

Regards

Enrica

We have found that Seek helps. There are many companies on there willing to employ immigrants and even offer sponsorships. Apply for everything that you can and someone will soon pay attention!!

Edited by Kerryt