Information needed!

marshalll

post-393-1154610810.jpg

Hi,

I'm searching for information on the complete process when immigrating to Australia. I'm planning to move there with my girlfriend who'll then be my wife as we plan to get married before we go. Everyone that i know of or have spoken to have either been ion Australia to long to remeber the process or their information is unhelpfull.

If anyone or better yet everyone can give me their understanding on the immigration process I would appreciate it. I'm 23 years old now and my Girlfriend is 25.She has a brother in living in Australia who is a citizen. We are planning to go over in the next year or two and from my understanding this process takes some time.

Marshall Collins

Cape Town, South Africa

Hi there,

Well, i am asking the same as my boyfriend and i are starting this line of investigation as well...

i don't know if it will help, but on the main page go down to the discussions section and select general, the scroll the topics til you see a topic "what to do?" - some might help there as a start, but also read on partner migration off the www.immi.gov.au site where it explains that portion...

hope it helps a bit... :ilikeit:

Hi Marshall

You ask a big question! Firstly you need to go to the immigration site that Chandi mentioned and decide under what category you would fit so that you know what visa to apply for. As your future wife has a brother that is an Australian citizen you may need to use his assistance as a sponsor to get enough points to get into Australia. Mostly you have to have some sort of qualification and experience. Qualifications usually mean either having served an apprenticeship or having some sort of degree or diploma. For permanent residence you have to pass a points test, I think there is one at the immi site to give you an idea. The process for permanent residence can take up to 24 months. I think it would be a good idea for you to make your decisions, get married, and then start your application process as it would be difficult to change from 'partner' to 'married' during the process.

Mara

Guest Jules

Hi Marshall :ilikeit:

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will get plenty of info here as there are quite a lot of us who have come over on various different visas. Good luck with it all and once you know what visa you will be applying for don't be shy to fire away with the questions!

Love

Julie :oops:

Hi there Marshall,

Welcome to the forum. Hope you find all the answers you are looking for. As the others have suggested, have a look at what type of visa you are goint to apply for, and then we can offer more specific advice. Also have a look at the Trade Skills Training Visa, which offer you employment under a sponsored apprenticeship. This is only for regional areas, but I think it is a great opportunity for young people.

Greetings,

Dreamy