Getting my stuff there / HELP!!

Julie G

Hi Me Again

Just to let everybody know, I heard this moring that we have been approved.

Does anybody have some names of removal or "pack and send" companies that is reliable but won't cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanx

Julie G

Hi Julie G,

Congrats on the approval! Now to get sorted and ready for the big move!

There has been a tread recently regarding Relocating Companies and there was discussions on who was used and why and so on.

I believe that will be very helpful

D :ilikeit:

Dear Julie

Congratulations on your approval.

We are using Stuttaford van Lines. Not the cheapest, but they were impressing from day one and willing to accommodate our needs.

All the companies were around the same in costs. +/- R1, 000. The only company that was realy expensive was Elliot’s. R30, 000 more than dearest company, so I eliminated them first.

All the best and if you like you can PM me and I will gladly answer your questions from this side, being through the "immigrating" process 3 times in 5 years... :ilikeit:

Take care

Hi there,

Congratulations! The best place to start would be on the thread which Danie has suggested - there's heaps of info, comparisons, do's & dont's - just click on the link Danie has underlined. If you still need info after that, let us know - we're here to help. Good luck with everything!! (It's very overwhelming, but you'll get through it OK - just take one step at a time and ask your friends on the forum for help as you go along...! :ilikeit: )

Hi Julieg

This has been a hot debated topic of who and who not to use.I personaly used Crown and could not have been happier one broken mug in a 40ft container that was my total damage,thy were on time and very helpful in perth

Some advice is to make sure yourself that things that are not allowed in Australia is not packed and that all you camping,garden,golfing and fishing gear is spotless clean and dont forget about the vacuumcleaner bag.We found that a couple if our campinggear boxes was inspected and once found it was clean the rest was a breeze

Goodluck and all the best for this new exiting time in you and your families life

Regards

Bullet

Hi Julie,

Another thing, please don't listen to doomsayers who will be telling you about all the things you are not allowed to take. We left a lot of our things behind, like our Rainbow vacuum cleaner (similar to Kirby) because Pickfords told us it would not be allowed in. That is not the only thing they overreacted on. Speak to people who have been through the process, and make sure your stuff is clean, and your wood treated.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Thanx to everbody for al the helpfull advice.

Ek het `n hele paar gras mandjies en lang hout stokke (die tipe wat jy in groot potte sit), hulle is nie vernis nie, en ek weet ek moet dit "declare", maar dink julle ek gaan probleme hê. Wil hulle nie graag bederf met vernis nie, maar wil hulle ook nie graag verloor nie.

Laat weet maar wat julle dink

Groetnis

Julie G