introducing myself

Carrey

Hello my name is Carrey, and I live in South Africa. I am just here to find information about moving to Australia. We are thinking of moving but my partner is still in a contract so it will be a few year time.

Any-way I am quietly collecting info so that we are ready when the time comes.

Thanks Carrey

Hi Carrey,

Welcome. Please tell us more about yourself... Where are you planning to settle etc. Are your husband currently working in South Africa?

Anyway, good luck with everything!

Pippa

:ilikeit:

Hi Carrey

welcome & I am sure you will find most of the answers you need here or from people here just a bit of advice ...don't wait too long the immigration laws in Australia change at least once a year sometimes more ...depending on when the contract lenth your BH is tied to at the moment there is nothing to stop you starting the formal process for a move in 2 yrs time in fact it can take that long depending on the visa type etc etc but I am sure you will share your questions & we will do our best to answer

_0 aka barnone

Hello Carrey,

Wel-come to our forum. I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful information leading up to your move to Australia. Our primary aim on this forum is to assist those still planning their move, or to support those that have already made the move, and quite often a hybrid of the two. On the issue of being a supportive community, I would caution you against making scathing attacks on other's homes as you have done else-where on this form (in the My House thread). This type of be-haviour is bound to create a negative impression - and I'm sure that is not your in-tention. Whilst you may not like the way the homes here look in gene-ral, it would probably be wisest to just note that fact as a generalisation (perhaps with less use of the word ugly - somewhat insulting, really) instead of focussing on one person's home in particular.

Once you arrive her, I'm sure that you will find a home to suit your own, special standards, just as thousands before you have done.

Please feel free to post any other questions that you might have - we're sure to be able to provide some answeres for you.

Cheers

Ajay

:ilikeit:

Guest Sunshine Sister

Hi Carrey,

Welcome to our forum. I always enjoy meeting unfamiliar faces, love exchanging interesting ideas with dear fellow forumites and try to take special care in showing newbies around. We have a fantastic forum, filled with interesting, intelligent, alert individuals, with knowledge that will surprize you ! I suspect you will find great karma here - we all try to be balanced, honest, friendly, open and respectful - which results in the trend of getting what you give. I am sure you are familiar with the concept ? *just explaining this as you are new and probably curious to know how things work around here* :hug:

Good luck with the information collecting, it's something I also enjoy doing...

See ya

SS

:hug: