Garlic Lovers

Guest Mauritz

Guest Mauritz

Any wicked garlic lovers out there??

I'm on a mission - I'm looking for a very wicked garlic sauce. I'll post my secret potions a bit later. If you have a potent garlic potion available - please be so kind and spoil a soul mate - share it;)

I have a great Roasted Garlic Aioli Recipe if that of interest to you. It is great for seafood/fish/crudites and veggies?

But then you probably have that one?

Guest Mauritz
I have a great Roasted Garlic Aioli Recipe if that of interest to you. It is great for seafood/fish/crudites and veggies?

But then you probably have that one?

Nope - I don't. My potions are raw or 90% raw garlic. I don't have a roasted recipe as yet - please share :lol:

Hoeeeeeeeeee ek vrek oor garlic.Kyk ek is garlic bemal :cry:

Als moet garlic in he maak nie saak wat nie.

Kan nie sonder garlic lewe nie :lol:

Urs.

Hi Mauritz

Here is my roasted GARLIC AIOLI recipe:-

I N G R E D I E N T S

3 whole heads of garlic

2-3 Tablespoons of good quality olive oil

2 egg extra large yolks at room temperature

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 cup virgin olive oil

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/2 teaspoon cold water

1 teaspoon lemon juice

I N S T R U C T I O N S

Cut the tops of the garlic heads to expose the top part of the garlic. Make a bag out of tinfoil. Place head in the bag an drizzel with the 3 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.Close the bag and roast for about 40-50 mins in an oven @ 150 degrees. Allow to cool then squeeze the garlic out of there little pockets. They should be nice and soft.Dont throw any of the remaining Olive Oil away.

Add the garlic and salt to the mortar bowl and grind slowly with the pestle, moving in one direction only. You can do this first step in a food processor if you'd like, then transfer the mixture back to a medium sized bowl. Whisk in the mustard first, then the egg yolks.

Add in half of the oil + any left over oil from the roasting.. This must be done very slowly or the oil will not emulsify and your sauce will not thicken. Add the oil in a slow, fine stream while either whisking with a wire whisk or using your pestle. Once the first half of the oil is incorporated, then add the water and the lemon juice, and mustard, whisking or stirring constantly with the pestle. Then slowly add the rest of the oil. The mixture will thicken as you continue to blend it. The mixture should be slightly thinner than commercial mayonnaise. If it becomes too thick you can add a bit more warm water, one teaspoon at a time.

You can add a little more lemon juice and more seasoning to taste.

If you dont want make your own "mayo" you can just add the roasted garlic into commercial mayonnaise.

For a "low cal" option seeing as some of us are on "diet" you can just add the roasted garlic to some low fat yoghurt.

Great with any seafood/fish /meat or veggies.

Edited by enrica

Guest Mauritz

Thanks for the recipe Enrica :blink:

I've just had Lebanese bread (those flat ones) with extra virgin olive oil and garlic for breakfast. I chop the garlic very fine - 3 gloves and let it sit in the olive oil (about 80ml) for 10 minutes. I then put it in a cold pan and heat it up to the point where the garlic starts to sizzle - I don't brown it. I break the bread in halves and put it in the toaster. The olive oil and raw garlic concoction is just a dip - I soak that thin flat bread in that potion - just pure heaven. Very simple antibiotic for the day. The pure olive oil flushes the liver and the garlic .... well it is not just nice it is the best medicine money can buy. I'll write later about the health benefits of garlic.

Wat ook lekker is:

Vat italian bread en sny in blokkie en vat garlic stukkies [ons sny dit op en sit olive oil by en bere in yskas en gebruik soos ons dit nodig het] en gooi dan van daai Balsamic brown Vinegar en meng dit saam in n bakkie.

Dip die broodjies daarin Mmm dis vrek lekker.Ons is mal daaroor proe fantasic :whome:

Urs.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Mauritz
Any wicked garlic lovers out there??

I'm on a mission - I'm looking for a very wicked garlic sauce. I'll post my secret potions a bit later. If you have a potent garlic potion available - please be so kind and spoil a soul mate - share it;)

My garlic potjie - "Agg jitte ma, is sy nie oulik nie":

This is how I make a garlic 'pot':

3 Tablespoons freshly chopped garlic

2 Tablespoons freshly chopped parsley

1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar

2 Tablespoons Butter

3 Tablespoons Olive Oil

Dash Tabasco Sauce

Place pot on braai until it just, just starts to bubble - put the lid on and it's ready to go. I spread half of this concoction on a T-bone steak - pure heaven - who need drugs - recreational or medicinal???

I use the same 'pot' for garlic prawns. Bring olive oil to the boil - chuck a heap of prawns and freshly chopped garlic in the oil. Ready to go.

Hi Mauritz,

Hier's 'n resep wat lekker verby is. Hoe langer dit staan, hoe lekkerder word dit.

PICKLED GARLIC

500g garlic, peeled

100ml white vinegar

10ml mustard seeds

10ml jeera seeds

100ml pickle masala

salt to taste

150ml oil (olive is best)

Soak garlic in vinegar for two days, dry on kitchen paper towels.

Add mustard seeds, jeera, masala, salt and oil.

Place in sterilised jars. (Makes 3 x 375ml jars)

Mauritz.............kry jy Olifant Garlic in Oz ( die een wat soos n ui lyk ) ??

Groente

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mauritz
Mauritz.............kry jy Olifant Garlic in Oz ( die een wat soos n ui lyk ) ??

Groente

Sorry, sien nou eers die een. Ek het dit al gesien en probeer - weet nie of dit dieselfde een is waarvan jy praat nie. Die wat ek probeer het, ruik nie so sterk soos gewone knoffel nie, ruik amper na niks nie - blykbaar waarvoor dit gegroei word - vir mense wat van knoffel hou maar nie soos knoffel wil ruik nie. Ek hou van die wat lekka ruik.

Interessante ding van knoffel - as mens relatief toksies is en jy eet knoffel nou en dan - dan ruik mense jou 'n myl vêr. As jy relatief gesond is en jou dieet is baie natuurlik - dan kan jy maar 6 knoffel huisies 'n dag eet - mense sal dit nie ruik nie.

Edited by Mauritz

Guest natalie3

Hubby and i LOVE the stinky rose...we bow to the garlic..we might even be cult members of the garlic lovers cult..i tell u ..those HUGE buckets of crushed garlic...one every second month!!!!!

We throw it in almost everything...ill ask hubby for his garlic and chilli relish recipe if u guys want it...

Guest Mauritz
Hubby and i LOVE the stinky rose...we bow to the garlic..we might even be cult members of the garlic lovers cult..i tell u ..those HUGE buckets of crushed garlic...one every second month!!!!!

We throw it in almost everything...ill ask hubby for his garlic and chilli relish recipe if u guys want it...

Oh yes please :ilikeit:

Hi Garlic Lovers,

Nope - I don't. My potions are raw or 90% raw garlic. I don't have a roasted recipe as yet - please share :rolleyes:

I am also a BIG fan of garlic! Like Mauritz, I also like it raw and very strong!

Thanks for the recipes. I will most definitely try it!

Lovies, Pippa! X

Wat ook lekker is:

Vat italian bread en sny in blokkie en vat garlic stukkies [ons sny dit op en sit olive oil by en bere in yskas en gebruik soos ons dit nodig het] en gooi dan van daai Balsamic brown Vinegar en meng dit saam in n bakkie.

Dip die broodjies daarin Mmm dis vrek lekker.Ons is mal daaroor proe fantasic :rolleyes:

Urs.

I can vouch for this too. It's great! :holy: I do similar, except I just slice the bread. I also crush garlic and put it in a bottle of olive oil. It's great for pouring on salads or making a dressing, or for the bread thing, also for making bruschetta (sp?). I have one rule though, it's gotta be fresh. The pre-crushed jars of garlic just aren't the same to me.

Mmmm, I'm in the mood for something yummy and garlicky now. :whome:

Guest Mauritz
I can vouch for this too. It's great! :ilikeit: I do similar, except I just slice the bread. I also crush garlic and put it in a bottle of olive oil. It's great for pouring on salads or making a dressing, or for the bread thing, also for making bruschetta (sp?). I have one rule though, it's gotta be fresh. The pre-crushed jars of garlic just aren't the same to me.

Mmmm, I'm in the mood for something yummy and garlicky now. :ilikeit:

I have put freshe crushed garlic in olive oil before - went sour fairly quickly. Do you put anything else in??

I have put freshe crushed garlic in olive oil before - went sour fairly quickly. Do you put anything else in??

I make it in small amounts, about 100ml, and we use it a lot so it gets used up fairly quickly. I don't know how it would be if you kept it in the fridge, or you could also try using the whole cloves instead of crushing it, although I would think that wouldn't give as much flavour.

Can I come over for dinner some time? :ilikeit: