butter cake

Blossom

250gr softened butter

1 teaspoon vanilla

275gr castor sugar

3 eggs

335gr self raising flour

180ml milk

Oven to 180 degrees C (160 degrees C if fan forced)

Grease baking tray

cream butter and sugar and vanilla

Beat in eggs, one at a time

stir in flour and milk in two batches

Into tin, bake for one hour.

cool and ice.

I did not ice the cake but sifted some icing sugar over. Also nice.

See all the variations in the magazine.

Good luck with the diets!!!

My granny had a stunning topping for her butter cake.

Works best on a singer layer.

Take cake out of the oven... spread VERY LIBERALLY with butter (must be butter, not marg)

As butter melts sprinkle with cinnamon sugar (just like we use on our pancakes). The sugar and butter forms a crust.

Serve while hot!

I used to keep a butter cake in the deep freeze for 'unexpected tea visitors'. Once you take it out of the deep freeze it thaws very quickly in the microwave. Heat it in the micro enough to melt the butter then sprinkle on the cinnamon sugar.

It sounds heavenly. How about leaving the butter and drenching it with coffee liquer? Ok I know what you're thinking " too much" just mix some liquer (20ml) with evaporated milk.

Wendy

Edited by wendy

Thanks for the recipe.

My Mom had a good remedy for a dryish and flopped cake, which turned into a favourite with many.

She took the sad cake out of the tin and turned it upside down. She mixed a packet of jelly with half the water (hot) and poured it over the cake whilst still in the tin. Put it in the fridge and it will simply absorb the jelly.

I thought it sounded awful initially, but tasted it. It was great! No jelly-ness to it, just a moist, flavourfull cake. Serve with a little cream on the side and you will have happy troopers.

Can I suggest a good "cheesecake" recipe - just not so bad for the hips. (Not a diet one though)

Make your normal biscuit base with biscuits and margarine and line your dish. Use maries, or you can use tennis biscuits if you want a richer flavour.

Take one tin of condensed milk, then fill the tin twice with yoghurt (any flavour).

Mix this together and pour over your base.

Bake at 180 deg for 30 mins.

Very Yummy!

Hey julle twee girlie's is mos nou op die gesondhieds eet program :lol:

Voorspoed [Oooo hoe water my mond darm nou KD]

Urs