Applying for PR visa while in SA

This to all those that have gotten or still in progress of getting PR while in Australia.

How long did your application take to be approved? Also how long do they give you to go overseas for the visa approval and how long will this trip need to be for visa approval?

Thanks in advance

:huh:

Hi Dedrei

Our Skilled Independent visa (BN 136 - MODL) got approved 9 months after submission. I must add that we stalled the process deliberately by 2 months with a view to get a later "initial entry" date.

For the visa validation have a look at this link courtesy of BE.

Regards

Hi Dedrei

It probably depends for what visa class PR you apply for but friends of ours got their PR after only 7 weeks of application - they were sponsored by the husband's employer for their PR and things went realitively smooth and quick. They also did not have to travel outside of Australia for the visa approval. They held a 457 visa previously.

I can always put you in touch with them should you like to get some more info. They are also Brisbane-based. Just send me a PM should you wish to do so.

Cheers

Rialet

Thanks, we will be applying for Skilled Independent (136) visa. Currently on 457 visa.