SA foods at IGA

Duane W

FYI

I was wondering around the IGA around the corner from me and I saw a shelf with 3 kinds of Mrs Balls a few flavours of Ouma rusks, Pecks Achovette, Marmite and Aromat. There was some rooibos tea Lemon Creams, Finger biscuits etc. Oh yes Koo Jam and Chakalaka.

Same thing at my local IGA in Holt, Canberra. I was amazed when I saw a whole shelf of SA stuff. Had to buy some jelly tots and Mrs Balls!

OOOH!!!!!!!!!! That sounds very lekker!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody know if those shops in Perth have? Especially up North towards Jundalup areas?

Cheers

Kathy

The IGA in Heathridge sells some South African stuff. And the bottle store next to it sells South African booze.

OOOH!!!!!!!!!! That sounds very lekker!!!!!!!!!!!! Anybody know if those shops in Perth have? Especially up North towards Jundalup areas?

Cheers

Kathy

You can get Mrs Balls at your local IGA or Coles. Most of them sell Boere wors aswell. The IGA in Padbury (WA , close to Joondalup ) has got the best South-African Boerewors I have tasted in a long time. They have also got some biltong. You can also get some SA booze at the bottle shop there. Woolworths advertises Amarula in their flyers.

Looks like we're taking over here. :)

Wendy

Edited by wendy

Hi

There is a South African Shop in Winterton Road in Joondalup, Perth, and they sell a lot of products. The prices well ... makes you rethink just how badly you want/need or are missing the products.

I saw an interview on local TV recenty with the owner / MD / CEO / boss of IGA in Australia. He had a noticable and very clear South African accent, so I recon he is South African and therefore it would explain why they stock Saffer goodies in their stores.

From what I understand there are many ex-SPAR owners running IGA stores here. In Perth I know of 4.

I saw an interview on local TV recenty with the owner / MD / CEO / boss of IGA in Australia. He had a noticable and very clear South African accent, so I recon he is South African and therefore it would explain why they stock Saffer goodies in their stores.