Waiting time after medicals

Julie G

Hi to All

Our medicals and Ielts tests was submitted in April and May 06 (medicals first). What is the normal waiting period? We are working throuhgt an agent (International Immigration Alliance) Our bond (brother sponsering us) have been paid more than a year ago. This waiting is driving me crazy :unsure: . I don't want to phone my agent every week and if I do phone, they say we must be patient it takes time. We are hoping to go at the end of November.

Hope somebody out there have some answers for me.

Regards

Julie G

Hi Julie,

I think it depends on the visa type. I'm not sure what the timeline is for the PR visas. We came over on a 457, and ours took about two months after we sent in the medicals. A lot of other people have gotten theirs much quicker than that.

I will be holding thumbs for you that you wil be able to get to Aus in November. It is really magical spending Christmas in a new country, especially if this country is Australia! We arrived last year November, and found that spending the holidays without our family was not so bad at that stage, as everything was still new and wonderful. We'll surely miss them more this year!

Good luck with the waiting game,

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi Julie

I can only comment on the 457 visa as this is what have .Our medical was prossesed 3 weeks after thy recieved it and we could follow the progress on the internet.Best of luck and the efford is worth it

Regards

We are going in as skilled migrants (points system). What I do not understand is that most people I chat to say it took 2 month, I've been waiting nearly 3½ month. How can I track it? Please help

HI Julie

I keep an eye on applications which people log on Austimeline.com as this does give one a "feel" for the time periods. Do you have direct access to your case officer? Some of them are really great with regards to answering queries by email.

Hope you get good news soon

Cindylou

Thanx for the help, maybe I can give some back ground on my situaion.

This might sound stupid,but up to now we've left everything up to the agent. Every time they asked for documents I made sure they got it a.s.a.p. We applied for a PR(136) visa, my fist documentation was send in on the 13th Jan 04. In Sept 04 we heard that I was approved through the TRA and got my 60 points I needed. Then the rest of the paper work followed. We where told that it will take app. 18 months, so by June 05 we where very exited to hear from them. To get the 5 extra points my brother (in Oz since 1999) had to be my sponser and paid $3500 to theOz gov. Then they wanted more documents, which was sent a.s.a.p. After nearly loosing hope, we got the mail in April 06 that we can go for our medicals and Ielts, and the rest you know.

I do not have access to my case officer. What irritates me at this stage is that althougfht our agents have not let us down so far, I feel that they are not very helpfull by giving me updates or just e-mailig me to comfort me that all is still well. I have to phone her, and are very lucky if I get past the swithboard lady. My case have now dragged on for 3.5 years. They recieved full payment for their services nearly two years ago and we're still in SA.

Sorry, but I needed to get this out of my system, hope someone else might find this helpfull.

:unsure:

Regards

Julie G

We submitted our medicals~ 5 April 2005 and heard by mid July. Had to make our first entry before 18 November

My friends are applying for PR here in Perth and have recently sent in their medicals. They were told by their case officer yesterday that it usually takes around 4 months but there is a back log so to expect to wait around 6 months. Ours took 4 months last year.

Hi There,

We also used IIA and specifically learned to speak to Hayzel, I found that she was the one with the most knowledge.

We applied 136, same as you and it took 10 months from the date that we lodged (medicals police clearance etc) to get our Visa's.

We had similar experience with IIA, and I eventually got in contact with Sheilagh from their Sydney branch, where they are registered with ten embassy under James Cagney's name. Originally we dealt with Shane Cagney and he was great.

You can send me a PM if you want and I will give you more details.

Hang in there, they eventually came through for us.

:ilikeit::cry::):wacko:

Good news everybody, we heard this moring that we have been excepted, we'll most likely be in Perth before Chriastmas.

Julie G

Great news Julie

Go and get that label in your passport and then you'll feel fantastic! Good luck with tying up you SA life and hope the move goes a little more smoothly from now.

Cindydlou