Friends in Brisbane (late 30's early 40's)

steve&dee

Hi there, we have been here since January 08, living in the Teneriffe - New Farm area, (loving it here) (4kms from city) - we have our South African friends who we knew years before arriving here (they have been here for 2 and 3 years)

but would love to meet more people close'ish to our area, I think my husband is missing a "buddy" to run or cycle with.. and I would love girlie chatter..

We are 40 and 43, like having fun - I have an 18 year old daughter but not living with us as she is studying in Perth..

Let's see where this posting takes us..

Hi Steve&Dee

I am 37 and my Aussie hubby is 46. We live near Samford on the North side though. But you are welcome to PM me for a gettogether. I don't know about the 2 wheels with pedals, but he does do motocross for fun. His brother though is into the engineless 2 wheel thing, and also in his late forties and a real scream.

Take care

Steph

Early 40's? Does 45/46 count?

Looks like we need to have a get together!!

Hope more people reply to this post then we can make a plan what do you think?

Hi Nilo

Wel from what I gather you can organise a party in a hail storm, so it sounds just great.

Steph

i think we are going to move to brisbane :whome:

ah great, good luck and lets chat while you plan to get here..

take care

dee

Hi Steve&Dee

I am 37 and my Aussie hubby is 46. We live near Samford on the North side though. But you are welcome to PM me for a gettogether. I don't know about the 2 wheels with pedals, but he does do motocross for fun. His brother though is into the engineless 2 wheel thing, and also in his late forties and a real scream.

Take care

Steph

Hi Steph

Great to hear from you, how far is Samford from Bris City, our SA friends are in Eatons Hill.. anywhere close?

Thanks so much for the chatter, I like Nilo's comment too.. I have an idea maybe in a few weeks after these two publice holidays we can meet for a picnic at New Farm park on a Sunday lets say, its lovely with river views... what do you think of that idea

regards

dee

Hi Nilo

Wel from what I gather you can organise a party in a hail storm, so it sounds just great.

Steph

Hi Nilo I am trying to add to your link but for some reason it keeps giving me - an error message..

so writing on Stephs hope you see it..

where are you in Brisbane??

regards

dee

Hi steve&dee

Samford is just past Ferny Grove, so not to far out of town. Your idea sounds great, wil have to you guys know which Sundays I am available, would hate to miss out. I work most weekends, but will take off for this, won't miss it for the world.

There are many South Africans in Samford, but they are on a mission of there own, so I just don't bother. Look forward to just talking nonsense for a bit and just enjoying some good company for a change.

If you want contact numbers for me, just PM me, and I will make them available no problem.

Steph

Hi steve&dee

Samford is just past Ferny Grove, so not to far out of town. Your idea sounds great, wil have to you guys know which Sundays I am available, would hate to miss out. I work most weekends, but will take off for this, won't miss it for the world.

There are many South Africans in Samford, but they are on a mission of there own, so I just don't bother. Look forward to just talking nonsense for a bit and just enjoying some good company for a change.

If you want contact numbers for me, just PM me, and I will make them available no problem.

Steph

Hi Steph lovely to hear from you so quickly can you believe I still in my PJs I have just had such a lovely lazy day it started pouring my husband was watching old army movies (he is british and army barmy he he just kidding) and now I have sent him shopping cuz we have to go to our friends in eastons hill for a bbq at 6.. Its lovely just relaxing like this, we try to always get out on weekends, but this saturday i was determined to spring clean our flat - which I have done..

Saturday or Sunday - 10th or 11th may??

You choose cuz you have to get off work.. we will check with Nilo how she is about those dates once you have confirmed...

chat soon

dee

Hi

Picnic at Newfarm Park sounds great! When we arrived in Jan we stayed in temp accomodation in Newstead and I loved Newfarm.

We now live on the SouthWest, in Forest Lake.

Said to hubby, only the other day, "it is time for a citycat ride again, maybe in the evening?"

Regards Alrae

Ah yes this sounds better and better by the minute, just realised 11 May - Sunday is mothers day, so probably not a good idea to do it then, sooooo here goes the invite: I will post another closer to the time on the site.....

SA'S TO BRISBANE..... OUR SPECIAL NEW FARM PARK PICNIC (ON THE RIVER)

DATE: 18th MAY 2008

TIME: 12 PM

LETS MEET UNDER THE TREE WITH THE PINK AND WHITE BALOONS TIED TO IT!!!!!

BRING OUR OWN GOODIES ALONG, BLANKETS, YUMMY SNACKS, CAMERA'S, WINE... DON'T "FORGET" YOUR BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN TOO...

Hi Dee

It sounds great, will take off and be there like a herd of turtles.

Steph

Hi Dee

Steph

Hi Dee

Steph

Hi Dee,

Think I may have messed up a few replies. Anyway, Ã have just turned 40 and Will is 43. I would love some "girlie"" chats and I know Will would certainly enjoy some male company, plus we're also into the running thing. We live in Kangaroo Point just around the corner from you. Get together 18/5 sounds great, we'll be there!

Cheers

Celeste