SAPD officer in Melbourne

dnes

Hi Everybody

As an experienced ex-South African Police officer with 20+years experience that arrived in Melbourne 6weeks ago, I find myself in the position that I am not allowed to do any work in my field of expretise for the next 12 months! These are Victorian rules and regulations.

Is this the same in the other provinces?

Any advice will be welcome. I did visit the jobseeking sites, but find myself not qualified/registered for the jobs as advertised.

Thanks

D

Hi Everybody

As an experienced ex-South African Police officer with 20+years experience that arrived in Melbourne 6weeks ago, I find myself in the position that I am not allowed to do any work in my field of expretise for the next 12 months! These are Victorian rules and regulations.

Any advice will be welcome. I did visit the jobseeking sites, but find myself not qualified/registered for the jobs as advertised.

Thanks

D

Hello D......

I am so sorry to hear of this especially since you are there.........

Having said that...my brother is a reservist here and we applied all over Aus for work for him.

NSW cam back to him with interest and they posted him an application folder of info for there academy, but if you have the experience I dont think you will need to attend the academy.

I am not sure of your situtation and if you have to be in Melbourne, or if you wanna try the NSW police, I most confident you will find an open door.

Please let me know how it goes.

Good luck

Natasha

If you have PR, check out the South Australian Police, I'm sure that they employ people with permanent residency.

Dax

• 4 months later...
Hi Everybody

Thanks

D

Hallo D

pm me- i am ex sapd and was in vic