Workfield

Smitte

Hallo to All,

It will be interesting to know in what kind of field are alle the Canberrans on this site, are working in?

IT, Medical, etc etc?

Regards

Hallo Smitte

I'll be working for a copany named pipe repacement solotions. It will be until my I got my PR, after that I would love to return to agriculture or I even thought of studying something like landscaping.

Martin

Hi Smitte!

I will be working in the medical field as a ICU-nurse. I am sponsored by a Hospital in Canberra.

We are just waiting for our visa..... :whome:

When are you guys planning to go?

Cheers!

Karen

Edited by Karen R

Hi Karen R,

We are still waiting for our PR visa's, hopefully not long anymore!!! We hope to go before the end of the year.

So, still a bit of a process for us!!

• 1 month later...

Hi Smitte

Die Clarks gaan oor op hubby se 457 en gaan vir BMW werk in PHILLIP dis nou een van die uit breidings in Canberra

Wow this is a fantastic forum I registered yesterday after reading for weeks!!

We need help and guidance please. We are coming to OZ this week Friday and my husband has interviews sheduled all over. The one that looks positive is scheduled for Canberra. We are very exited and very very positive since the agent has arranged for us to see houses and schools. We are however very confused about the schools. My daughter is turning 13 in July (currently in Grade 7) and my son is turning 9 also in July (currently in Grade 3) what years will they be in schools in OZ and how do children with Afrikaans as first language cope with the transition to English? If your child is put in a school with English second language what does this mean? It would be appreciated if somebody could suggest some schools please!

How do we meet South Africans in Canberra once there? We are quite worried - don't want to be alone we would like to make friends

What churches do South Aficans go too?

Is Canberra really that cold?

Can't wait for Friday very exited but also a bit stressed- this is very very big decision but I think we are passed the part we you think with your hart, we are now thinking with our heads and our heads say, it is time to go and we regard ourselves as fortunate to be given a change.

Hope to hear from somebody soon!!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow this is a fantastic forum I registered yesterday after reading for weeks!!

We need help and guidance please. We are coming to OZ this week Friday and my husband has interviews sheduled all over. The one that looks positive is scheduled for Canberra. We are very exited and very very positive since the agent has arranged for us to see houses and schools. We are however very confused about the schools. My daughter is turning 13 in July (currently in Grade 7) and my son is turning 9 also in July (currently in Grade 3) what years will they be in schools in OZ and how do children with Afrikaans as first language cope with the transition to English? If your child is put in a school with English second language what does this mean? It would be appreciated if somebody could suggest some schools please!

How do we meet South Africans in Canberra once there? We are quite worried - don't want to be alone we would like to make friends

What churches do South Aficans go too?

Is Canberra really that cold?

Can't wait for Friday very exited but also a bit stressed- this is very very big decision but I think we are passed the part we you think with your hart, we are now thinking with our heads and our heads say, it is time to go and we regard ourselves as fortunate to be given a change.

Hope to hear from somebody soon!!

Jammer ek sien nou eers hierdie pos! Ek hoop die onderhoud het goed gegaan en dat julle van Canberra gehou het (al is dit vrek koud hier op die oomblik!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Smittee

I am a Social Worker and I am currently working for Disabilty ACT as a support worker.

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys I am in the AV field (Audio Visual) working for Electroboard in Canberra (Braddon) Claire the wife is currently doing the house thing - actually enjoying it after always had others doing it for us!!!

Rgds Adrian, Claire and Magan