Chandi: Chandi & Andre - Newbies

Spider

:o Hello everyone,

So far this site is awesome and really helpful! Thanks to people willing to share info and stories people are getting support where needed without having to beg!

My boyfriend and I are form joburg, been together five and a half years and starting to investigate putting our applications in for aus...we are tired of the long fight this side of the world and its time we try something new and adventurous...

Scary though, many scary questions loom about employment, which city and all that jazz...

Well everyone, a big hello and we look forward to meeting you all on the other side one day!!

:ilikeit:

Chandi

Hi there,

A very warm welcome! :ilikeit: I hope you get all your questions answered. Good luck on your big adventure.

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi there, & welcome to the forum! It CAN all be a bit overwhelming, but we are all here for the same purpose : helping guys like you taking the leap. If you can't find an answer to what you need to know, please ask - we'll do our best!! :unsure:

Hi Chandi and Andre,

Welcome! It's so good to hear that the forum is serving its primary purpose - providing people with help and guidance on how to go about getting here, and once here, how to cope with the change. Makes me proud to be part of it! :huh:

Looking forward to seeing you around - remember to ask as many questions as you need to - no being shy here!

Cheers

Ajay

Hi All,

Well, some of the questions may seem a bit silly, but ja...

To ensure we on the right track...we first send qualifications to authorities (i.e. vetassess and APS)

After results, if good, send all paperwork for VISA (136) including the assessment reults to Oz for processing. If we want to go together, do we send our VISA app in together? I did reading on Partner Migration but we both here starting at same point...

Also, on downloading the various forms, there are SO many that i'm worried i miss something or include what i don't need to, so does someone have a list or something saying, these forms ... must be sent?

Most people seem to go on a 136, is this best? :ilikeit:

A big welcome! This forum helped me alot when I had to go trough the whole visa process and helping me to settle in Aus. I would say 136 is probably the way to go. Hope to see you soon in Ozland! :ilikeit:

Hi Chandi,

I'm here on a 457 (sponsored by an employer) so I'm not familiar with the 136 -but i know that there are quite a lot of others on this site that are. Also, check out www.immi.gov.au for more information - it's really a good site and gives heaps of information.

Good Luck!

Ajay