457 Visa

Hi All

I might have an opportunity to come to Australia on a 457 visa.

What I need to know is:

I have all my documents, but have just applied for the documents for my Wife and kids.

Would it be possible for me to do the application and come over, and then when my wife and kids get their documents, apply as my dependants and then also come over

Thanks

Hi V,

I think it would be easier if you apply together, otherwise it could cause you a lot of extra trouble later on. You don't need as much paperwork for a 457 as for a PR visa. What paperwork are you still waiting for?

Greetings,

Dreamy

HI Vincent,

The 457 visa covers your immediate family as well, so there is no extra paperwork involved. You wouldn't be able to seperate the application anyway - so just submit everything together.

Cheers

AJay

Hi Vincent

I have just confirmed with one of our business partners that you can do the 457 visa application seperately - you initially will do your application and then later on can include the rest of your family. This will obviously speed things up especially in cases where you are still waiting for passports for the kids etc. This will also provide you with the opportunity to set things up in Australia and then your wife and kids can join you when the container etc almost arrives.

Good luck.

Rialet