Post Regrets

Riekie

Question

Just a host reminder to take care when posting things we might regret later. The WWW is there for all and anyone to see and we should be very careful how much of ourselves we want to expose. Although this forum is fairly anonymous, it is still not "fool proof" and chances are, family/friends/colleagues/nemesis... might read our posts and identify us either through our profiles or our post content.

We understand that ppl post things in the heat of the moment, under emotional circumstances or with the best intentions without thinking about the after effects. For that reason we do allow 24 hours in which members could edit/delete their posts - more than enough time to reconsider. Then it is "out there" in cyberspace for eternity....

While on this topic, please take care when revealing personal information about yourself which might make you a soft target for ppl with ulterior motives on the Net. Rather not post your mobile phone number or address for view by general public, but use the PM/Email option to share this information.

Safe Surfing!! :blink:

4 answers to this question

I have post regrets.

I chat on a few forums, and this is the ONLY one where you are unable to edit your posts anytime.

I completely don't understand why this feature would be here. It is totally counterproductive. As you said, if something is said in the heat of the moment, chances are, you will delete it within 24 hours with or without "anti-edit-after-24hrs" feature.

What the feature does do is it stops people sharing.

When I entered the ladies lounge, I decided to post a picture of myself and my daughter, just to put a face to my name, in the interests of being friendly.

Boy do I regret that now! :blink:

With this "wonderful" feature, my and my daughters faces are glued to the WWW forever! :hug:

I would appreciate our pictures being deleted now that everybody has definitely seen us in there.

Hi Gizmo

If you are talking about the photo you have as your avatar, you can remove it at any time, or we can remove it for you!

Hi Gizmo

If you are talking about the photo you have as your avatar, you can remove it at any time, or we can remove it for you!

No, not the avatar pic - that one is sufficiently small, and as you said, it is under my control. I uploaded big pics of myself and my daughter in the ladies lounge when I introduced myself there - I would like those removed.

I would appreciate our pictures being deleted now that everybody has definitely seen us in there.

Done