Suburb of Craigie

Cravell

Hi all

Was wondering if there are any Perthanites who can tell me a little more about the suburb of Craigie. I've also heard quite a bit about Joondalup and Wannaroo, some insight on these would be great as well.

I'm looking to find out what u guys think/know about the housing prices and wether u think it's worthwhile. We have a 14yr old and I dont exactly want to take her to a little "sleepy hollow" suburb... :D What are the schools like there?

Thanks a stack

Claudine :hug:

I have heard that the reason Craigie is cheaper than surrounding suburbs is because of the sewerage plant there. Friends looked there and said they were put off because it looked a bit unkept (long grass) and there were cars on bricks without wheels. There isn't a problem with crime there though so that is good at least. I drove through it a few months ago and it did not look that bad.

Joondalup has everything you need if you dont want to go into town and it is only 25 mins on the train (they are very clean and efficient here) to town.

House prices here have gone mad, but there is starting to be talk about the housing market slowing down soon. The news yesterday said Perth house prices are second highest in Australia. Have you tried looking on www.aussiemove.com as they have done a few suburb profiles.

Hi Olly

Thanks for that info. Oh, oh....havent heard about that problem yet.... :hug:

Yes, I've been on the aussiemove website quite a bit. I found it to be very informative. Just thought I'd see what people could tell me. U know what they say, straight from the horses mouth... :D

I mean, the info given there is great, but first hand info from people in the forum is better I reckon.

Cheers

Claudine

hi Claudine, yes, firsthand info is best, especially from someone who can relate to where you have come from. We are living in Kingsley and love it here. where abouts in Cape Town are you? We grew up in the southern suburbs, Plumstead and Wynberg.

Hey Olly

U've got to be kidding me :hug: I'm also from southern suburbs, in the Ottery area at the moment. I know Plumstead and Wynberg areas very well. What is Kinglsey like? Havent heard much about that suburb. Which suburb in our area could u liken it to?

Small world, hey. I would say Kingsley is a bit like Bergvliet or Meadowridge, maybe. It's a pretty suburb, nice and neat and clean looking. Lots of palm trees.

Hi

We looked at two properties to buy, one in Craigie and the other in Joondalup. We definitely liked Joondalup much more and are buying there. Craigie is closer to the city and on the beach side of the highway. I agree with the comment of long grass and it looking a bit run down in places, but it varies from street to street.

Y

Hi Yvonne

I definitely have heard loads and loads about Joondalup and Wannaroo as well and am leaning towards these areas as well. The house prices, rental or buying doesnt seem that bad(or am I mistaken???)....It's good to get other peoples opinions as well, especially the ones that are there :unsure:

Thanks again to all who respondend.

Claudine