Next Pta Coffee clug meeting!

DA2ozz

Hi almal

Jammer vir die vertraging maar ons sukkel met 'n venue. Ons wou Irene Country Lodge gebruik, maar hull kan net 20 mense akomodeer. Ons probeer intussen Irene Dairy, en sal laat weet finale besluit.

Julle kan maar 14h00 op 14 Junie in julle dagbooek inskryf.

Andre en Julie

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AandJ

• hannes bez

• Carrie

• Biker

The venue will be Irene Dairy at 14h00 on 14 June. We have booked table at the bottom on the outside. Eats and drinks will be for everyone's own account.

We have booked for 20 people, so if anyone has not yet replied please do so asap so that we can arrange more seating and tables. Kids are most welcome.

Hoggy - will you please come a bit earlier and bring your flag so we can put it up to identify the table. If anyone is lost or cannot find the table, my cell number is 083 three five seven 4707.

We will be bring some newspapers, etc with and some info on a furniture removal seminar for people to have a look through. If anyone has anything that may be of assistance to others, then please bring it with to share. The whole idea is that people talk informally to network, share information and most importantly, to get moral support.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Andre and Julie

Hi, we would love 2 join ya, please add us on the reservation, 2 adults and 3 kids. Sal lekker wees om nog mense te ontmoet wat ook 'amper daar' is...

Alberts'e

Guest natalie3

ag no man!...me and my buddy are going to her weekend house in cullinan..weve postponed already twice as its a touchy subject (we leaving the babies with the men so we can suip red wine and read on her stoeppie and pretend we are already in brisbane)....so the men keep coming up with excuses to not let us go...now thats a long weekend so we making a run for it!

but i will DEFINITELY be at the next one!

:lol: We will definitely be there - 3 adults

Will a booking for 20 be enough? :ilikeit:

:blush: We will definitely be there - 3 adults

Will a booking for 20 be enough? :(

My thoughts exactly. We have just changed booking to 40 people!!

:cowboy:

There was a question an another thread about who was in charge of the coffee club...my reply:

"There is nobody in charge here. This is a sharing forum and whoever takes the initiative does the organising of coffee clubs. My wife Julie and I do not mind arranging for a few months until we go at the end of the year. Then somone else can take over and so it will continue."

I will also repeat the date, time and venue of the next coffee club meeting(in case anyone misses it):

The venue will be Irene Dairy at 14h00 on 14 June 2008. We have booked table at the bottom on the outside. Eats and drinks will be for everyone's own account.

We have booked for 40 people, so if anyone has not yet replied please do so asap so that we can arrange more seating and tables. Kids are most welcome.

Hoggy - will you please come a bit earlier and bring your flag so we can put it up to identify the table. If anyone is lost or cannot find the table, my cell number is 083 three five seven 4707.

We will be bring some newspapers, etc with and some info on a furniture removal seminar for people to have a look through. If anyone has anything that may be of assistance to others, then please bring it with to share. The whole idea is that people talk informally to network, share information and most importantly, to get moral support.

Looking forward to meeting you all there.

Andre and Julie

Edited by Andre Booyzen

Baie bly dat julle dit vir die middag reel. Ons werk Saterdag oggende, so dit pas uitstekend. Sit 2 volw, 2 kids (tieners) by

Thanx

Magda

Hi Julle

Ons 3 kiddies kom saam - 2 kinders en 1 baba

Groete

Debbie

We woudl like to attend as well. Many thanks for arranging.

Cheers

Christo, Priscilla and Ryan Jacobs

Edited by ChristoJ

Oh no, the date is a problem for us. It is a long weekend and many people are going away. Can't you consider another weekend, not for my sake but for a lot of people who will not be able to make it. It is my birhtday that day and we are going to the Kruger National Park. We have been waiting for the next coffee club meeting but unfortunately we will not be able to make it.

There was also a lot of suggestions on the Pta Coffee club link since the last meeting. Maybe a good idea to have a look at that as well. Thank you for your willingness to organize a meeting.

Hi Guys

There was a suggestion that we hold the meeting in the form of a picnic at the Rooihuiskraal Terrein. Reason we haven't bothered with this is that in winter we can get some really miserable and cold days and being in the open like that will not be pleasant. At Irene Dairy we can always squash under cover.

I am more than happy to move the meeting out by a week if that is the consensus on the forum. We have over 40 people already attending and I am not sure everyone will agree to moving the date. To help those people who miss this one, we will be arranging again in July. We won't let several months go by between coffee clubs.

Hope this helps, but unfortunatley we cannot satisfy everyone's requirements, although we try. If you have any suggestions for this or future coffee clubs then drop me a PM or post on this thread.

cheers

Andre

Edited by Andre Booyzen

Hi Guys

There was a suggestion that we hold the meeting in the form of a picnic at the Rooihuiskraal Terrein. Reason we haven't bothered with this is that in winter we can get some really miserable and cold days and being in the open like that will not be pleasant. At Irene Dairy we can always squash under cover.

I am more than happy to move the meeting out by a week if that is the consensus on the forum. We have over 40 people already attending and I am not sure everyone will agree to moving the date. To help those people who miss this one, we will be arranging again in July. We won't let several months go by between coffee clubs.

What about we book the spur in Brooklyn Mall (the area by the childrens playarea). Then the people with children, us included, can mingle with everyone without running after the children all the time and it is inside a building, nice and warm and our vehicles are also safe. We can perhaps have another meeting in July, as you suggested. We can make the booking early to ensure a whole area to be booked out for the coffee club. This will suit us, and other parent who had the same problems with the kids last time, very well. At the last meeting at Irene, we had to leave early and could not attend the meeting because our two children were all over the place. For smaller children it is not so safe at Irene farm, there is water, tractors, cattle, high walls to climb on and fall off. So you can see, I can not leave my two and four year olds alone to play. The spur has a playarea with people to watch over the kids. Please consider this suggestion.

What do the rest of you think about this?

Hi Andre, could you please confirm that the Pta coffee club meeting will go through for Saturday 14 June 2008, 14:00 @ Irene Dairy Farm? If yes, maybe ask one of the hosts to include the next coffee club meeting as 'an upcoming event' on the SAAustralia calendar, so it is displayed on the forum's index (front) page.

Personally, (as per Dolfyntjie's Spur suggestion) I find the Spur in Brooklyn Mall quite small, stuffy and crowded - don't know if a group of 40+ people can mingle as easily there as e.g. at Irene Dairy Farm (lovely wide open spaces). (Am not a big Spur fan anyway...no offence...even though I can understand that it probably has its perks/benefits if one has kids). Many restaurants are not willing to take on such large bookings (without an up-front pre-arranged cost per person) in any case.

Irene Dairy Farm, as well as Irene Country Lodge, are both lovely venues that:

1) accept large group bookings without one having to agree to an up-front pre-arranged cost per person

2) make it easy to mingle with everyone; not just the people at your table

3) most children enjoy (apparently, from what I've seen with friends' kiddies)

Of course one cannot please all of the people all of the time...thanks Andre and Julie for taking initiative! :blush:

PS: If you're worried about the winter cold, like Andre said, Irene Dairy Farm has a lovely inside area, complete with fireplaces...very cosy and warm. Car parking at Irene is also very safe.

Edited by kangaroo

... if one has kids).

Of course one cannot please all of the people all of the time...

If you have two or more kids of your own, espescially 2 and 4 years of age, we will talk again. Obviously no venue will be a problem for you. So it seems to me, if you are pleased then all is fine, no matter about the rest of the 50% with kids who are also in my shoes. No offence, like you said, but I think most of the people who are moving to Oz are people with children. I only made a seggestion so people with children can also sit for more than 2 minutes to talk to others. At the last meeting at Irene Farm there was a few couples who had to leave because their children was not big enough to play on their own and they had to run after them the whole time to prevent injuries (you will know what it is like when you have kids one day). We cancelled our weekend plans to be at the last meeting, very excited, but our 2 year old son took the road and we had to leave, no sitting still and mingle for us.

Maybe we must have one meeting for people without children at any venue and one for people with children at a child friendly place where there is no cold wind blowing where kids can catch a cold.

I am not mad but please, we must consider all. We are all eager to attend the meetings. :blush:

Thanks for the comments guys. Yes, we will never please everyone, but we will try our best. My kids are a bit older and don't have to watched, but I do appreciate the concern parents with younger kids do have.

We did try and book at Irene Country Lodge, but they cannot accomodate more than 20 without booking a venue. This will involve additional costs for everyone. We also tried Que Sera on the Bapsfontein/Bronkies Rd (near end of Lynnwood Rd), but felt it was a bit far out.

I agree that Spur and most other indoor restaurants will not be great for mingling. What we need is an outdoor or indoor restaurant where kids can run freely and safely. Irene Dairy is probably most suitable and least formal. I am open to suggestions and will move venue anywhere the majority of the attendees agree on.

Hi julle,

Irene Dairy is fine met ons. Ek het ook twee kinders, maar hulle is goed gemanierd en maklik om onder beheer te hou, ek kan nie glo daar is nog streng kinders en gehoorsame ouers nie. :ilikeit:

Hi Andre, could you please confirm that the Pta coffee club meeting will go through for Saturday 14 June 2008, 14:00 @ Irene Dairy Farm? If yes, maybe ask one of the hosts to include the next coffee club meeting as 'an upcoming event' on the SAAustralia calendar, so it is displayed on the forum's index (front) page.

Mara

I beleive you can assist with this?

thanks

Andre

Hi All

Julie and I will arrange the next coffee club. Date is afternoon of Sat, 14 June.

I will advise venue asap (will probably be Eastern suburbs of Pretoria). Let me know of preferences for venue if you have any.

Andre

Andre

With whom must we arrange to have a few minutes to talk to the people attending?

Regards

Lienq

Andre

With whom must we arrange to have a few minutes to talk to the people attending?

Regards

Lienq

Lienq you have PM

Andre,

Thanks for organising the get together.

We attended a previous one at Irene Dairy Farm and will be there again on Saturday. Two adults, 3 kids.

FAB

Hi Daar...

Sal daar wees. Twee volwassenes en 1 kind (6jaar)

Sien julle daar.

(enige iets wat ons moet bring. Slaai, vleis , pap, stoelle..ens ) laat weet maar asb....

Groete

Seems we will be closer to 60 people on Saturday!!

Bring only money people. The venue is a restaurant and not self catering, so any food and drink has to be purchased there. If I can remember, their prices are reasonable.

<_<

Kan ek en my vrou maar net opdaag?