What is the grace period after visa is granted

Guest Karla

Guest Karla

Hi there

If my visa is approved in December 2006, how long do I have before we have to go over to Oz.

We don't want to sell our house / look for work untill our visa has been approved, but is afraid that we will be given an ultimatum of when we have to go over?

Can we still work in SA if our skilled independent visa is approved?

Did you tell your work you are planning to emigrate? My work will shut the door on me if I did, therefor I only want to give notice once our visa is granted and our house is sold.

Regards

Karla

Hi.

1) your medicals and PCC will determine entry date, ie 12 months from the oldest of the two, so if you did your pcc's before your meds then you will generally have 12 months to enter from the date you did your meds.

2) you only have to validate the visa at this time,so you can come back and finish any business that needs finishing before making the final move.

good luck

Tim

Hi there

If my visa is approved in December 2006, how long do I have before we have to go over to Oz.

We don't want to sell our house / look for work untill our visa has been approved, but is afraid that we will be given an ultimatum of when we have to go over?

Can we still work in SA if our skilled independent visa is approved?

Did you tell your work you are planning to emigrate? My work will shut the door on me if I did, therefor I only want to give notice once our visa is granted and our house is sold.

Regards

Karla

Hi Karla

This link courtesy of BE should answer most of your questions.

Wrt notice to employer - it is a personal choice and depends heavily on your own circumstances. You'll have to consider all the options and live with the consequences.

Your approved visa does not influence your right to work in RSA at all.

Hello...It all depends on the type of Visa...we only had 6 months to start working on our Visa (RSMS) or lose it. On the skilled independant you also have a date you have to acctivate the visa...but as Timbo said..you only need ot come over here before the date and you can leave..my brother did it that way and only manged to get here a year and 4 months after he validated his visa.

Dont tell your employer till the last minute you can...as in when you have a date when you want to finally leave. :rolleyes: Some of them can be very difficult.