Prescription for chronic medication

Heymanse

I seem to remember that I read somewhere that, should you be on chronic medication (like myself), you'd need to get a six month prescription from your doctor in SA to show to a doctor in Aus. Don't know if I got it all wrong now, but maybe someone in a similar position can advise me on this. I currently have 3 months' supply of my chronic medication (mainly because I didn't take the pills as I should have taken them) - will I be able to bring those with me on the flight as well and what do I need when I declare them at customs (if anything at all)?

I think u just need the prescription to show at customs. Check though because it is just something i read here on the forum. I am worried that bevcause i take chronic meds that maybe I wont get PR?? Anyone know anything about this?

I seem to remember that I read somewhere that, should you be on chronic medication (like myself), you'd need to get a six month prescription from your doctor in SA to show to a doctor in Aus. Don't know if I got it all wrong now, but maybe someone in a similar position can advise me on this. I currently have 3 months' supply of my chronic medication (mainly because I didn't take the pills as I should have taken them) - will I be able to bring those with me on the flight as well and what do I need when I declare them at customs (if anything at all)?

I am worried that bevcause i take chronic meds that maybe I wont get PR?? Anyone know anything about this?

Not necessarily. I was worried as well about this because I have epilepsy. Had it since 1984, therefore the chronic medication. When you go for your medicals, you just need a report (1 page) describing your condition and the medication that you are taking. Submit that with your medicals. We had no problem and our PR was approved.

Good luck and hope everything works out well for you!

Lurinda