Cheryse: New to Forum, Perth in the near future!

Almost there

Hi there, we have joined the Forum which we were delighted to find and a big thank you to ALL for this wonderful informative and friendly site. We are in the process of getting our info together for the TRA process - what a mission that has been - paperwork coming out of our ears! My husband's trade docs (toolmaker) are in Romanian so we have had to get translators etc, but the cool part is that we get to claim the 5 points for the community language then. We are using an agent here in JHB and hopefully that will prove worthwhile in the long (yes, long) run. :ilikeit:

My brother and his wife immigrated 2 years ago and are doing exceptionally well - currently in Busselton, so hence we have decided to join them there (it is only my brother and myself - my husband's family live in Romania) and we are hoping to get to Perth (1st choice) by the end of next year :ilikeit: hold thumbs for us!

We have a small child and this has been the main reason for our decision to move. It has been a very hard decision to make as we will be leaving family behind and being a small family as it is, it is very traumatic for all of us. Knowing that there are others out there, even for friendly advice and chats, is helping! So thank you again for this site!

Hi Cheryse

From one newbie to another, welcome. I'm sure u will get loads of support from the rest of the ppl in this forum.

Regards

Claudine

Hi Cheryse

Welcome to the forum, hope you find everything you need and more!

A couple of quick questions: What visa are you applying for and are you doing it yourselves? Our 138 (skilled aussie sponsored) application was submitted in May and now its a case of vasbyt.

The next Gauteng Coffee Club meeting is on 19 August (See Pippa's post) and it would be great if you and your family would join us!

Good luck with all the paperwork!

Cindylou

Thank you very much. We are very excited, good luck on your side too.

Thank you very much, catch you in the topics!

Hi Cindylou

We are going to apply with the subclass 136. We have a choice of a 138 too as my brother is there but with my husband's skill being in demand, they have suggested with do a 136. We still need to submitt the TRA stuff - hopefully this week we will get the last ref letter and can hand over to the agents. From there, they submit on our behalf, so say mid August that will go in. We then start with the next step. We have signed up with agents, not sure if we are allowed to mention the company on the site, friends of ours now in Sydney used them and were very happy with them!

Will definately check out the Coffee Club info and try to get there, would be great to meet you.

Edited by Cheryse

Hi Cheryse,

Welcome to the forum :ilikeit: Good luck on the big wait. It is always hard to leave your family behind, but we have to focus on the fact that our most precious family members are our partners, and our children, and we have to do what is best for them, and ourselves.

The thing that really made us make the move, is that the trend in SA is currently for teens to "go overseas" to get work, or gain experience. I've seen my cousins go this route, and I've seen their mother's heartache at having their "little babies" on the other side of the world. That just made me decide to "go overseas" WITH my children, now that they are still young. I believe that they have a better chance at getting work here, without having to go to some foreign country :ilikeit: However, I am also realistic enough to know that it might still happen, but at least the chances are slimmer :ilikeit:

Greetings,

Dreamy

Hi and Welcome Cheryse, what a beautiful name!

Mmm note to self ...might put that one on the wishlist for little pink princess BUG oneday! Looking down the telescope of the future!

Looking forward to bumping into you "in the topics" as you put it! hehe!

ChatterBUG