IELTS exam

Hi

We wrote the IETLS exam this weekend. No problems there. The only thing that amazes me is the standard of English spoken by the British Council's employees.... :huh:

We could hardly understand a word they where reading from their set of instructions.

Speaking of instructions, they where reading it word for word, including the part where they wished you "Good luck".

I was quite surprised at the whole thing.

I am going for my 'interview' later today, hopefully the interviewer is a bit better than the rest of them <_<

Will keep you posted.

Hi Jacobus,

I also wrote my IELTS this weekend and I was also amazed about their English. They never informed me of the new venue and I arrived at the British Council at 8:45 only to find out that we will not be writing there. Ai tog… I was so upset. Upon my arrival it was told that I was registered for Academic Training and not General Training!!! I checked my forms this morning and I did indicate General Training.

I had my interview on Saturday afternoon and was quite impressed with the interviewer.

Further to the above, it came to my attention that most people were on their way to Australia, but did not know about our lovely forum. We must please make an effort to promote our forum as much as possible. There are so many people out there that can benefit from this forum and we can also benefit from their knowledge.

Anyway, good luck with your interview!

Pippa

<_<

Hi

Lesson for all those who still have to write. Print your confirmation letter and take it along.....

When my wife went for her interview, they did not know anything about it. Luckily she had a printout and it was sorted....20 minutes later..... <_<

Hi

Interview went well....as expected.

Was just a bit of a mission trying to find the place....but I guess that is my own fault for not printing the directions......

Well done guys! Must admit I was thinking about "you lot" on Saturday and wondering how it was going.

Pippa, you've made a very good point - maybe we should ask members who are going to write IELTS to take pieces of paper with our address preprinted and hand them out to people who are interested. (??)

When I wrote at the start of the year this "place" didn't exist, its amazing how far we've come in such a relatively short time.

Onward

Cindylou

Guest Karla

Hi there

Regarding the IELTS exam - how "difficult" is it?

1) Did anyone receive lower ratings than they expected?

2) Are there any Afrikaans speaking applicants who did not complete a degree in English and who did not have to complete an IELTS exam. From what I understand it is at the discretion of the case official.

Best Regards

Hi Karla

I suggest you look check out previous threads on this topic with regards to the degree of difficulty - it is not at all hard, only a bit nerve wracking!

1) My partner and I were both happy with our scores, band score 8.5 and 9

2) check out this link for the "official" requirement which was implemented in Nov 2005. Prior to that it was left to the Case Officer to request in need. Please also be aware that this is only for PR and not TR visas.

Cheers and good luck

Cindylou