Production manager - how do we look for sponsors?

Guest Joranda

Guest Joranda

I've tried to google as many different options on this topic as what I could think of, but could not really find a good answer.

Does anyone on this forum have any idea/tips on how Shayne, my partner, can obtain a sponsor? How do we inform companies that we're interested in going over?

He's speciality area is heavy duty trailers for trucks.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

The only thing I can recommend is to research companies that are the same in Oz and write directly to them regarding the possiblity of sponsorship. I'm no expert, but think it depends on the demand in the area of your partners occupation as to whether a company will be willing to sponsor. You can only try, most of the job agencies tend to put you aside until you have a visa and arrival date.

Good luck

B

Hi Joranda,

Is there any specific reason that Shayne doesn't just come in on your visa? That way, he doesn't have any work restrictions?

Cheers

Ajay

I've tried to google as many different options on this topic as what I could think of, but could not really find a good answer.

Does anyone on this forum have any idea/tips on how Shayne, my partner, can obtain a sponsor? How do we inform companies that we're interested in going over?

He's speciality area is heavy duty trailers for trucks.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Guest Joranda

No specific reason at all. We're not married - never wanna go down that road again, so we have to prove the whole year thing etc which sounds like a lot of hassle and not sure we can supply all they need. We own a house together, bond is with Standard bank - not sure if that's sufficient. Someone mentioned getting photo's of gatherings such as weddings - we haven't been to any!

Hi again,

The de facto requirements aren't all that strict, really. If you guys own a home together with a joint bond, that goes a long way towards showing a mutually exclusive relationship. Write out a statement about your relationship (not the Mills 'n Boon version - "our eyes met across the room and my heart started thudding in my chest :whome::whome: ) but when you met, when you started dating, when you decided to co-habitate and that you are in a committed, exclusive relationship and get this signed as a sworn statement. Get a family member and a friend to do something similar, and I reckon that would be sufficient. I've processed de-facto applications on less than that!

I think it'll be a much easier option and then it'll also give Shayne the opportunity to have unrestricted work rights instead of being tied to a particular employer - that makes it MUCH easier this side!

Hope this helps...

Cheers

Ajay

No specific reason at all. We're not married - never wanna go down that road again, so we have to prove the whole year thing etc which sounds like a lot of hassle and not sure we can supply all they need. We own a house together, bond is with Standard bank - not sure if that's sufficient. Someone mentioned getting photo's of gatherings such as weddings - we haven't been to any!

• 3 weeks later...

Why not not at Production Manager (Manufacturing), its a 50 points skill on the SOL. Dont know if it applies to all states, but definitely WA. All he has to do is be assessed by VETASSESS, easy peasy :lol: