Tax Clearance Certificate

Guest colton

Guest colton

When should we apply for the tax clearance certificate? Hubby will be leaving end of August 2006, bread winner, and we will follow December 2006. We are going on 457 first but 136 PR should be issued by December 2006. I was told by someone not to tell SA that we are immigrating rather that we are relocating........ as this makes it less complicated, true?

My advice, for what it's worth, if you do not have to tell, don't. Makes life a lot easier.

Mara

Hiya Colton

If you want to take more than your annual travel allowance you will need a tax clearance certificate. You can apply for it now if you want to send money out as an investment. Relocation also has its own complications, so you need to decide which option is best for you. Check out the other threads in the "money" section.

C'Lou

Declare yourself a temporary resident living oversees with your bank. Easy with a 457, it takes a day and thats what I did :unsure::) . Then once here do the rest, i really does make life easier. Once you declare you are immigrating the reserve bank can freeze your accounts :blink: . Unless you want to take more than the allowance, you might have to get a tax cert. Otherwise, apply from here once all your money etc is HERE. :whome: