Drivers License

Lourens

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this with you guys -- Last week I sat for the Learners Road Test and passed (fortunately), and after 2 lessons I went for my Australian Drivers Test this afternoon. So more than 20 years since the last time I have had to go through this (a bit ridiculous if you ask me) -- I PASSED!!!!! :ilikeit:

So, in the end t took me just over 1 week to go from an expired International Drivers License to getting my official Australian Drivers License.

What a relief! Now I can relax, and go back to my "old" driving habits :blink:

Lou

What a relief! Now I can relax, and go back to my "old" driving habits :)

Lou

Just watch the speed, or you may be writing the test on a regular basis

WELL DONE

Yup Lou, I know the feeling. Got my licence 2 years ago. I recall the youngsters looking at me in amusement when i wrote the learners test with them. Luckily we dont need to go through the L and P plates like real new drivers :thumbdown:

You'd be surprised what bad habits you tend to pick up while driving for years.

The bad thing is that now you've got yourself a South Australian driver's licence, you can get fined and the State gov't has the right to take it away from you if you don't behave yourself :ilikeit:

I've only got about three points left (out of 12 points given every 3 years) before I'm walking everywhere.

Hi Lourens, CONGRATS!!! I am very worried about that part that lies ahead.

Wow Bob, I thought points are allocated for life. Good to hear it is 12 points every 3 years. We tend to not know when we do something wrong while driving. 'Bad habits' that become 'normal' driving.

Hi guys and girls

In South Australia you can use your South African drivers licence until you are granted PR. You then have three months from the date that you were granted your PR to obtain a South Australian drivers license.

Have fun with the "demerit" point system.

Enjoy!

Manny

Edited by MannyT