The Vans

Mr Van

HI there,

Been a member (and sorry to say, lurker) for a while now, but now finally taking the steps to make the move.

I am an electronic 'technologist' (B.Tech, not B.Sc :rolleyes: ), 32 years old and living in Cape Town (Durbanville). My wife is 30 and heads a team of claims adjusters at a large insurance company. My daughter is now 2 years and 2 months (to the day!) old and already picking up on English (as we are Afrikaans by design) so even she's preparing!

I am planning to get a 175 visa, unless I'm lucky and get a job before then. We're going to the expo in April (bought the tickets for in case the turnout is as JHB's) and will hopefully get a warmer feeling for the job market and our chances of a good living standard.

My reasons for leaving are the same as everyone: future for our child. We do not have much and will probably spend 95% of everything we have in the process of just getting there, so we'd need to get job before we buy the plane tickets. :(

As I have been lurking for a while (sorry) I have a very warm feeling that all will be fine, but the pressure is on, definitely! Thank you for a great forum!

Morne, Maritsa and Megan van der Westhuizen - (The Van's)

Welcome and actually the Aussie are familiar with the name Van Der Westhuizen thanks to rugby.

So the Van remains the same Der remains the same West as in Englisg West Huizen would be Housen

So not to bad, they will be Okay with your surname.

Cheers

Enrica

Jy moet hoor hoe spook hulle met "Jacobus"...so ek's nou al gewoond aan "Jake" of "Jakes", die mails vlieg ook al sommer so.

"Geldenhuys" is nog 'n mystery...te veel weergawes al gehoor.

En waarnatoe mik julle?

Mmm, yes - I didn't even think Joost helping in the introduction of a real Afrikaner name. :ilikeit:

I'm aiming where the work is, but would want to be on the coast, so Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth. The important thing is to get a job and get there. Once there I can move around. ;)

Any suggestions where to go?

Ja nee ek dink die rugby het hul goed "prepare" vir jul Vans. :ilikeit: Jong my van is Basson......ek gaan as Wasbak opeindig.. :ilikeit:B):ilikeit:

Sterkte met alles. Ons gaan ook die 175 probeer......

Vlam

Edited by Vlam

hahahaha strekte, dis al wat ek kan se.

Ons het die 7de Maart hier geland. My van is nou Van Zyl en hulle sukkel selfs met dit. My man se naam is Tertius, julle kan net dink wat kom alles daar uit!

Die arme man moet sy naam spel vir almal wat hy ontmoet.

Ek reken ook om te probeer om 'n werk te kry is die beste en vinnigste opsie. Dit is hoe ons dit geddoen het.

wel sterkte...

From my investigation your name will be pronounced M-tom-be-la, and if you first name is Koos or Johan you will be named Philemon Ntombela.

Hope this clears up any confusion...

From my investigation your name will be pronounced M-tom-be-la, and if you first name is Koos or Johan you will be named Philemon Ntombela.

Hope this clears up any confusion...

Clear as mud! :rolleyes: