Adelaide no choice

Karl and Nanette

Howdy,

Spoke to our agent and they said that we are in 100% for Adelaide. They explained that we can only go to South Australia (Adelaide) due to the point system. To make matters worse we have to live there for at least one year before looking at the rest of Australia. Hey! I suppose we are at least in Ausie land, beggars can't be choosers and who knows, maybe we decide to stay in Adelaide.

Afrikaners is plesierig!!!!

Karl

Hey, it's better than nothing! And a year will be over so quickly. Are you only starting the application process now?

Hi Karl,

Count yoursef lucky! We applied for a job in Adelaide, and then we got the phonecall: "Congrats! You have been appointed in Western Australia" "... Uhm, ahh.... Thanks we'll take it."

Anything to get away from our current life! And here we are, far better off than in South Africa, and so much happier. I suppose it depends on how much you want to be here? :)

Good luck with the process!

Greetings,

Dreamy

:) Adelaide is one heck of a brilliant place! :whome: You could do much worse...... you could end up in Darwin ;):(

Or Alice SPrings

Adelaide kick large country-town-to- small for a city-to-large- for a town- laid back-relaxed-butt ! <_< We love it here.

Dankie tog!!!

Was under the wrong impression(obviously). Thanks for the replies.

I'm not sure how long now but I think we will pop in there before moving so that we know what we are getting ourselves into. Not that it will make a difference due to the fact that I believe you need to stay in one place at least for 6 months to a year before you know if it is for you or not. So, in actual fact it doesn't matter were you end up, it could be the place for you or not.

Thank for the support.

Hope to be there soon.

Karl

IMHO - Don't be negative about a place in Aus till you've been there. This country will surprise you...

• 1 month later...

Adelaide is like Port Elizabeth, just bigger, cleaner, nicer looking, beautiful city with a river running next to it. It is one of the cheapest citys in Australia and I can tell you this much, not as warm as Darwin, a friend of mine went to Darwin from Adelaide by car, took them three days to get their. If only Adelaide had a wimpy or a Spur, I would be much happier.