5 Bonus Points for Afrikaans

Jislaaik, ek se vir julle, ek is so bly ons hoef dit nie gedoen het nie... my arme man is disleksies en hy sou baie gesuffer het in watter taal ookal ... :rolleyes:

Guest colton

Hubby had already done the IELTS and found it fairly easy. We, my two boys and myself, were booked to write 12 August but our agent told us to cancel, it was no longer needed for the boys and myself. My boys are 19years and 23 years. We were also under the impression all members over 18 had to write but they take it on each case. I think because we were all schooled in English, documentation to prove passed all subjects on Higher Grade, and english is our home language they decided to waiver it towards our family. DIMIA stated not required. We are going on a 136 PR VISA.

As a by note they keep R400 for each application cancelled, no matter how much notice you give in advance!

It'll be interesting to see what happens when your Case Officer is assigned - It states very cleary on the DIMA website that if you are not a native born English speaker (i.e. have a passprort from NZ, Canada, USA, UK or Ireland) you will be required to sit the test. (Prior to Nov 2005 this was not a requirement but could be requested by the CO.) If your agent is wrong will they cover the R400?

Cindylou

Hey Colton,

Yes keep us posted - I hope for your sake that they uphold what your agent advised. That I think is a win for all Eng SA's - it's freakin ridiculous that English speaking RSA would be excluded from this "elite English club" listed.

Bug