New and learning

boo

HI

I am Korien and my husband's name is Jan. We have 2 kids, 4 and 2 years old. I am a GP and Jan an electronic engineer. We hope to start the process of attaining our Australian visas soon. We have booked our IELTS exams and are attending a job expo in April. Having visas for us will be like having a backdoor open should we want to leave SA. We are not getting younger and things are not improving fast enough in our beloved country. My 2 boys are growing up fast and will have to go to school soon. I am not that worried about school yet, but tertiary education and thereafter is what gets to me. I don't like the idea that I will one day be sitting in an old age home (if something like that still exists) and see my kids once in a blue moon visiting from overseas where they settled because it meant a better life for them. I have lots of questions and seeing that you get sort standard replies going through the regular government websites I hope to get better answers on the forum. Boo

Hi and welcome

You'll definitely get answers here - and faster than anywhere else! You'll just need to spend LOTS of time reading! But its fun...

And besides anything else - you'll have masses of support for your big decision. Everyone here is in the same boat!

Leigh

Welcome

I am also an engineer and in Cape Town, so any questions re getting skills recognised or anything just ask...

Andre

Hi Boo,

And welcome to the forum! You can rely on the forum for all sorts of answers and advice - much quicker and friendlier than you will get elsewhere (from the actual persons who should have it) to boot!

We started only a little while ago, and it does seem as if the thing that people wait the longest for is their IELTS English test date / results. Well done if you have already booked yours.

With your professions, you should have your skills assessments back long before you have English test results in your hands! Engineers Australia sounds like it may be the fastest assessing body in Aus - we are impressed.

Cheers,

TereMel

Hello and welcome to my best buddy Korien! :rolleyes:

So glad you found your way here. Everybody is really helpful here. Not just with Visa info, but also if you have any questions about Aus as well!

Welcome to the Forum!

Am sure you'll find all the answers to your questions here!