Psychologist gone before me?

Maloui

Hi!

I have been exploring various sites and would like to know if there are any psychologists on this forum that has gone or is going? Especially counselling psychologists? I am aware that we need to assess our skills etc. but the question is how does private practice work in Aus (it is difficult to start up here), and will starting there be the same or worse?

Or the alternative is working for an organisation or hospital, which is fine with as I love the interaction of a multi disciplinary team. I am going to be the only one working for a while, so can't take 2 years te get practice off ground. Is there opportunities to join practices?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Louis

Serach the forum for a JulieK. She was from Durban and has moved to Adelaide.

She is a Clinical Pschycologist, had her own practice in the RSA but is now working for someone in Adelaide.

I suggest that you send her a PM as she may be able to help to answer your questions.

Enjoy!

Manny

Ps. Don't consider going anywhere until your wife is also comitted to the move. :unsure:

Hi!

I have been exploring various sites and would like to know if there are any psychologists on this forum that has gone or is going? Especially counselling psychologists? I am aware that we need to assess our skills etc. but the question is how does private practice work in Aus (it is difficult to start up here), and will starting there be the same or worse?

Or the alternative is working for an organisation or hospital, which is fine with as I love the interaction of a multi disciplinary team. I am going to be the only one working for a while, so can't take 2 years te get practice off ground. Is there opportunities to join practices?

Thanks

Hi Maloui,

Also contact Jaans. I think she mentioned that she did child psychology in SA, but she is doing her PhD through UQ to do some counselling.

Bye, Pippa! X

Thanks, guys, have PM'ed them, and will follow up! :ilikeit::ilikeit::ilikeit:

I am seriously thinking that if the people using this forum are employed by the goverment departments in Sa, our documentation will be done "while you wait and with no errors". Would have been great!!!

Hi!

Thanks

Hallo Maloui,

Ek was baie opgewonde om kennis te neem van jou belangstelling as sielkundige in 'n multi professionele span. Bestaan daar sulke moontlikhede in Brisbane? Watter dissiplines sou jy graag mee wou saamwerk?

Nog oppad.

Aktief