Moving continents

Vaughan

Hi. i am currently a South African, looking to immagrate to Australia, hopefully somewhere along the sunshine coast. I currently live in Knysna.( Lucky? dont know about that anymore either) I manage my own project management/Quantity Surveying business in Construction with 12 years experience on large contracts.

Its been really great living here, but even now we are starting to feel the impact of crime and cost of living along the Garden Route.Sad but true.

I want to start the process of immagration, or if possible get a work Visa, ive just turned 35 and lose 5 points on the immgration form. Which is quicker or should i say easier. Should i start sending my CV to employment agents there in Aus?I am planning a trip out there next month for 3 weeks. Whats my next move?

Would love some advice on this one.

Thanks

Vaughan

Hi Vaughan

Firstly - welcome to the forum, hope you'll find loads of info and make some new friends.

The 457 visa takes a lot less time to process, PR visas are currently taking about 9 months, so if you want to pack up n go as quickly as possible the TR is the way to go. As you've already planned to go to Aus next month I would suggest you try and set up some interviews while you're there - hopefully you'll get an offer or three!

The field you're in is short staffed and I don't think you'd struggle to get a job. My mom went for an interview as a QS (technician) and was v nervous, as she is over 60. The first thing the guy asked her was "can you start tomorrow?" and she's been there ever since!

Do yourself a favour and start getting your paperwork together today! The unabridged birth certificates can take some time so the sooner you start the better!

Good luck and keep us posted

Cindylou

as cindy said, start asap with your unabridged birth cert application and police clearance cert as this was the biggest delay for me like 4 months delay!

i was very lucky to get a company who was prepared to sponsor me for pr (sublass 121) ENS but if i was you i'd go the 457 route as 99% of employere there want someone to fill the position as soon as possible. you can always covert it to pr after you've been with a company for a while and they see what you're made off. most ozzies know us jaapies are good workers! there are loads of jobs everywhere here in oz. i've been here now since apr and i love it.